First impressions mean a lot when potential buyers approach your Denver home. If you are looking for a few affordable ways to add some curb appeal to your home here are a few tips.
1. Declutter- Curb appeal goes a long way. There should be a clear path that is at least three feet wide so that two people can comfortably walk side by side to your front door. Make sure that the view is unobstructed, and that there are no stumbling hazards along the way.
2. Lighting- Enhance your walkway by making it easy to see and walk at night. Solar-powered LED lights are affordable and are easily installed by sticking them in the ground with no wiring needed.
3. Glossy Door- It is common practice for owners of row houses in London to each paint their doors in high-gloss color. The high-gloss look creates reflective sheen that stands out and creates a great appeal. Pick up a gallon of high-gloss paint in the color of your choice and paint your front door for a whole new look.
4. Hardware- A quick polish to the handle on your front door to make it shine is in order. If you can afford it, buy a replacement that is new and modern if needed.
5. Knocker- Doorbells have become the norm, but adding a bulky knocker is an easy way to add appeal to your home. A knocker will never run out of battery life like a doorbell.
6. Greenery- Add a pair of boxwood plants on either side of your door to make it more visually appealing. These can be found at any garden center and roughly cost about $25 a piece.
7. House Number- Make your house number clearly visible and spruce up the paint if needed.
8. Front Mat- Buy a sturdy decorative mat for your front door to welcome visitors. The new door mat should be able to withstand weather and be mildew resistant.
9. Porch Light- A poorly lit entrance can make it hard for you to get your key into your lock on a dark night. If you need more light on your porch, a pair of lanterns on each side of your door will not only create a symmetric look, but it will also help with lighting.
10. Mail- Your mailbox may not seem significant, but it can do a lot to add to the overall appeal of your home. Check that your mailbox is either standing or hanging straight and closes securely. If your mailbox has dings or rust, invest in a new one.
Are you ready to buy or sell a home in the Denver area? Contact the Bandy Team to see what we can do for you! We would love to show you some terrific homes in Englewood, beautiful properties in Aurora, homes in Larkspur, or real estate in Franktown.
Until Next Time,
The Bandy Team
RE/MAX Professionals - Denver, CO
"From Our Heart to Your Home"