KISS - Keep It Simple Silly!
A good friend of mine once described success as a study of the obvious. Most of what we need to know, say, and do to be successful in real estate could be taught and understood by a teenager.
Why then are we making this business so complicated? Remember KISS – Keep It Simple Silly!
Here are some simple truths to help you grow your real estate business:
- Treat this business like a business and it will pay you like a business. But, if you treat it like a hobby, it will pay you like a hobby. You’ve got to understand that this is a business. Mentally get engaged. Learn as much as you can. Listen to training programs over and over again. Attend the events. Master the language of Real Estate.
- Freedom by the Numbers – This is a numbers game. Make a commitment to lead generate daily. Set a goal to have a certain amount of meaningful conversations per day ( asking for either a referral or an appointment makes the conversation meaningful ) Know how many conversations you need to have per day. Add people to your database everyday. Send handwritten notecards every single day. Remember, when they say no, you say next! This is a numbers game!
- Attend every live event – make a commitment to become learning based this year. You need the association, the environment, and the knowledge gained from events.
- Have a compelling, written “WHY?” It’s critical for you to know your BIG why. Why are you building this business? How will your world be different when you hit your goals? If your reasons are strong enough, the how will show up!
- Decide in writing where you will be a year from now. Take out your journal and write down how much money you will have made, how many transactions you will have had, what you will have done. Write it down and commit to make it become a reality.
This year is yours for the taking! Simply resolve to keep this business simple, work the numbers, learn the game, discover your Big Why, and commit where you will be a year from now!