Let’s cut to the chase. You’re getting into real estate investment to make money, so why should you pay someone to manage it? If you are a retired handyman with a business degree and live close to the property, you probably don’t need to. However, if you actually have a life, you will find a property manager might just be your best investment. Here are ten big things a property manager can do for you.
Set the right rental rates: You can spend hours leafing through the classifieds to see what other landlords are charging for similar properties OR you can relax with the sports section while we conduct a thorough market study in order to set a rental price for your property that will maximize your income and minimize your vacancy rate.
- Collect and deposit monthly rent payments on time: You can spend your time knocking on doors awkwardly demanding rent OR you can enjoy dinner with your family and let us use our efficient, tried-and-true systems to collect rent and make on-time payments.
- Market and advertise your property: You can pay to advertise your property in the classifieds hoping good tenants will just flock to your property OR you can spend that money on a latte at Starbucks while we market and advertise your property with our well-established connections.
- Find the right tenants: You can depend on your well-honed ability to judge character at a glance OR you can rest assured knowing that we are experts at finding good tenants by using the best criminal, background, security, and credit reports, verifying employment, and collecting references.
- Manage tenants: You can be on call 24/7 to handle all tenant concerns OR you can go on vacation knowing that we will handle both routine and emergency maintenance, take care of routine inspections, and manage any situations where conflict resolution is required.
- Manage vendors: You can spend all your free time contacting repairmen and getting bids OR you can play a round of golf while we maintain relationships with maintenance workers, tradesmen, contractors, suppliers, and vendors that it's almost impossible for an independent landlord to duplicate. Not only will we get you the best work for the best price, we'll oversee any necessary maintenance projects.
- Stay up to date with housing regulations and property laws: Seriously? Do you even want to think about this? We can help you avoid lawsuits by keeping your property up-to-date and in compliance with these regulations.
- Allow you to invest in out-of-town properties: You can limit yourself to local properties that you can manage while maintaining your day job, OR you can smartly take advantage of investment deals anywhere.
- Maximize your time: You can spend every spare minute taking care of your properties OR you can use that time to further your career or look or other worthwhile investments while we do our day job.
- Maximize your profit: You can hire high-cost professionals yourself OR you can relax knowing that by paying a small percentage of your property’s monthly rental, you can count on us to take all the headache out of property maintenance. Remember, we maintain relationships with only the highest quality professionals to provide the best possible care of your property.
Most successful investors have “people”. Let us here at Martin Presence be your real estate “people”. It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. And remember, not only can we manage your investment properties, but we can also help you buy, sell, or restore any real estate in north Louisiana. It’s what we do.