Why should a client hire you to be their agent? Asked this question, most agents say "because of my great service" - - as if they would tell someone that they provide stinky customer service. LOL.
In the corporate world, we used to call it an "elevator speech" - meaning you should be able to explain your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) on a short elevator ride - 30 seconds or less. If you are an agent who says your USP is "service", perhaps it would be helpful to consider the following Top 10 Seller Value Propositions as outlined in Gary Keller's Millionaire Real Estate Agent (next week we will focus on Buyers):
1. Thorough Needs Analysis (clarify the reasons to sell & determine acceptable timetable)
2. Pricing Strategy (best selling price given current market conditions & resulting net sheet)
3. Property Preparation(recommend repairs, improvements and staging to net seller most money)
4. Marketing Strategy (establish marketing plan and timetable)
5. Receive & Evaluate Offers
6. Negotiate to Sell (advise on counter offers, terms and conditions)
7. Sell (Prepare post-contract work list and recommend appropriate vendors)
8. Pre-Close Preparation (Coordinate and oversee documentation preparation and provide pre-closing consultation)
9. Closing (review documents, resolve last minute items, complete transaction)
10. Post Closing (coordinate move and assist with post-closing issues)
Hope this helps. For a complimentary coaching session on developing your USP, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to CommentsComment