Can our children survive another move? Yes...
I am a military spouse; my husband retired in 1995...now with grown children. Our two girls were moved all over the United States, Germany & Korea. I was raised in a small community just outside Dayton, OH... where no one moved. I heard from friends & family that I would doom my children to failure if I continued to move them year after year. But to me I had no other choice; you see I married Steve who made the Army his career. To me keeping my family as normal & whole as possible was my only goal in life.
Worrried at times if my family was right... I did my best and I always keep each move with a positive thought:
- You can be who ever you want in the new school
- You will meet lots of new friends
- You will experience a different culture, sites and people that many people will never have the opportunity of experiencing.
As my children grew up they received a variety of memories from our trips and adventures driving & flying to all over the world. I sat down with them a few weeks ago and we were talking about their childhood... I was surprise at how the conversation went. Dana my oldest said she was surprised at how many stories she had to tell about her childhood compared to the average person. Brandy commented that she was surprised at how open minded she was compared to many. She said growing up that she learned being different wasn't a bad thing. That she was more open to change in her life. Dana said that traveling and moving did not stress her at all... it was exciting. All the subjects and comments were positive... Boy I was relieved... that my friend & family were wrong... Moving as a military family turned out to be a happy experience for my children.
So if you are moving to Ft. Campbell, KY or somewhere else... remember you are creating memories that will last a life time! Make it a good memory...
- Always think positive
- Let you children be part of the move; you may be surprised how much help they can be
- Get them a camera; it will keep them busy and you may get some great pictures
- Give them a map; they can keep track of how much farther and learn map reading skills
- Just try to have fun... Don't be so stressed
Ft. Campbell, KY/Clarksville is a great place to raise a family! Welcome Home!
I wish you the best
Call Brenda Tressler for home & loan information to Ft. Campbell, KY
Have a Safe Trip!