Since I work with a large number of Chinese Asian buyers and investors. It is important to remember Chinese (Asian) holidays so I can greet during those holidays. Here are a list of holidays for your record should you also have Asian buyers/sellers. They will be impressed with your awareness.
Key holidays (including both public holidays and "off" days) in the above image:
* New Year - Jan 1-3
* Chinese New Year - Jan 25-31
* Qingming Holiday - Apr 4-6
* Labor's Day - May 1-3
* Duanwu Holiday - May 28-30
* National Day - Oct 1-8
Public holidays in 2009 are "concentrated" into 3 months: Jan, May and Oct. There are two public holidays in each of these months. 2009 Chinese New Year (Spring festival) comes early on Jan 26 (年初一) and it is the Year of Ox. We have a special new year greeting mixing English with Chinese: Happy Niu (牛) Year this time as Ox (牛) is pronounced the same as "New" in Chinese.
Here is a list of Gift Giving Etiquettes that is appropriate in Chinese culture:
- Although it may seem straight forward, giving gifts is an art form
- Choosing proper gifts will challenge your perceptions of what is and is not proper
- Do not expect that a gift will be opened immediately; however, sometimes that may not be the case
- Do not expect that the gift will be accepted right away. You may have to offer it a few times before it is accepted
- Take a camera to take pictures during gift exchange
- Even if your company color is green, or you travel to China over St. Patrick's Day and want to introduce people to the holiday, never give a Chinese gentleman a green hat. It is associated with adultery.
- Because the number four in Chinese is a homonym for the word 'death' avoid giving things to people in groups of four.
- Red is a color of good fortune. But never give someone something written in red ink as it implies the end of a relationship.
- Do not give clocks. Clocks are associated with death.
- Do not give knives, scissors, letter openers, etc. It implies the severing of a relationship
- Avoid white as it is associated with funerals
- If you give gifts, give gifts to everyone in the room. If not, give the gift to the most important person in the room.
NOW GO IMPRESS YOUR CHINESE CLIENTS!
我们专为在纽约曼哈顿购买地产的华人提供重要地产信息和全线优质服务. 包括纽约地产大翁川普(Trump)在内的专家认为, 现在美元低价, 房屋贷款利息相对低廉, 卖方愿意协商房价, 房屋选择增加, 曼哈顿出租市场强硬, 曼哈顿房地产投资, 是进入的最佳时机. 今年以来, 身在海内外的华人, 购买纽约房地产日渐增加, 投资地产开始加速. 多数华人买房, 能付超过20%的首期款, 或者一次付清现金, 这样通常能避免次贷危机带来的问题, 能购买到最佳质量低价的地产. 越来越多的华人把子女送到纽约上大学. 为子女买房的需求, 日渐增加.
我们组织的金屋网曼哈顿看房团(Condo Tour), 有许多本地和外州买主参加. 我们有不少买主不需房屋贷款购买地产. 如果您在曼哈顿有地产想出售, 我们可以安排金屋网看房团去看您的公寓或House. 不论您的地产是300户的住家大楼, 还是单户住家的一房一厕, 我们都会提供全心服务和独特多方位快速销售. 请提前和我们联系. 联系电话: 许小姐(646-644-6929)
*SELLERS AND DEVELOPERS, WE SPECIALIZE IN FOREIGN NATIONALS PURCHASING MANHATTAN CONDOMINIUMS/REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS. CONTACT US TODAY TO DISCUSS HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM WORKING WITH OUR TEAM TO MAXIMIZE YOUR MARKETING EXPOSURE TO OVERSEA MARKET. (we work with highly financial qualified buyers that are seeking to purchase multiple investment condominium units* To browse more listing please visit here or CONTACT US AT (212)321-7122 Today!