Have you heard? Next weekend is going to be Tax Free weekend in North Carolina. According to the NC Department of Revenue there are some exclusions that consumers should be aware of. As a Mom of 3 kiddos who will be in school this Fall and a real estate agent in Union county, NC who always needs school supplies, I wanted to share the good news with you too.
Sales and use taxes do not apply to the following items of tangible personal property that are sold between 12:01 AM Friday, August 6- 11:59 PM Sunday, August 8:
- Clothes and Shoes priced$100.00 or less per item.
- Sport or recreational equipment priced $50.00 or less per item.
- Computers priced $3,500 or less per item.
- Computer supplies priced$250.00 or less per item.
- School supplies priced $100.00 or less per item.
- School instructional materials priced$300.00 or less per item.
Who is going to join me this weekend in saving some money while getting the kids school supply lists completed and their sports equipment for the Fall seasons? This is always my second favorite shopping weekend. (of course Thanksgiving is my fave)
For more money saving tips and other things to do in the Union county, NC area subscribe to our blog. If you need to buy, sell, rent or know someone who does in the Charlotte, NC area visit our website at www.myCarolinaHome.net to contact Team Ludlow Realty.