So, I got my first Meme this week from Tricia Jumonville. I knew I was suppose to write about myself but not much else. I looked at Meme's from several other members and learned I needed to write 5 things that others don't know about me. Since I don't many people on Activerain I thought that would be easy but it was harder than I thought.
Since this is my first Meme, I thought I'd just stick to the basics.
1. I'm a Dallas native and have lived in the metroplex my whole life. I only left when I went to Texas A&M for college. A&M is only 3 hours from Dallas so I've never lived outside the great state of Texas!
2. I'm the youngest sibling in my family by 13 years. My Mom was 45 years old and my Dad was 55 when I was born and that was very unusual in 1975. My oldest brother passed away 2-1/2 years ago but he was 16 years older than me. And my other brother is 13 years older. And, yes, we are full brother and sister. My father was in World War II and for someone my age that is very unusual but I always got a kick out of telling my friends how old my Dad was. Most of my friends had grandparents in WWII, not parents.
3. I have been married for 7 years. No kids yet but we are thinking about it. I'm 32 and I'm not getting any younger. Right now, I'm content to borrow one of my 6 nieces and nephews if I have the yearning for a child. :-)
4. I love football. I know just as much about football as most men so there are never any arguments about watching football in our household. Both my brothers played college football and my Dad was a scout for SMU so I had like to football. My family has season tickets to the Cowboy games and I attend every game. The best game I went to was the Super Bowl in 1993 in Pasadena with the Cowboys and Buffalo Bills. It was the start of the Cowboys dynasty in the 90's. It was an amazing experience even if Michael Jackson was the halftime entertainment.
5. Most people are surprised to learn that I grew up riding horses since I lived in the city. But as a child, one of my friends moved to the country and I started riding at age 6. I've owned five horses during my childhood - the most I had at one time was three. I enjoyed going as fast as possible on a horse and I was fearless so I loved to barrel race and do all the playday events. I participated in 4-H, local playdays and Pro-Youth events. One of my horses was familiar with cows so I did a little cow penning but my real love was barrels. I missed my horses so much that I took a horse to college. But once I graduated and had to pay all the bills, I didn't have the money to keep my horses. I haven't owned any horses in 10 years but I hope to be able to own horses again. It is one thing that truly makes me happy.
Hope you enjoying learning a little about me.