Day 30 of the 30 Posts in 30 Days Challenge! Wow!
There were times when I wasn't sure I would make it through this, but it was really worth it! Thanks, Active Rain and Kerrie, for offering this great opportunity and incentive to set a goal and stick with it!
I've learned a lot not only doing this challenge, but by spending more time here on AR, reading other people's posts. What a wealth of talent and what a fabulous resource for information, marketing ideas, time management, just all aspects of our profession! There are some seriously talented people in our group!
One thing that I have just started doing in my quest for more blog material is interviewing local business owners. There are several really unique and interesting places here in my area, and there were some side benefits I really hadn't considered. Not only did I get great material and photos from my first effort, but I feel like I made a new friend! As we exchanged cards, it dawned on me that this was also a potential source of referrals. Yeah, I know, I should have thought of that first, but honestly, my main focus was on getting material for my blog! Duh...
A few things I learned from the 30DC and spending more time here on Active Rain:
• Setting a goal and sticking to it can be fun! Make a plan for blogging and allocate time for it like any other marketing or farming tool.
• Focus efforts on local posts. Get to know neighborhoods and write about them. This gives you real credibility in the area. Thanks Ryan and Tom for all the inspiration there!
• Get to know the local business people and merchants. Doing an interview is a great way to get to know them. They appreciate the free advertising and are a potential source of referrals.
• Getting to know other agents all around the country is priceless! Great information, lots of camaraderie and support here in the Rain, and another potential source of referrals for relocating clients. Also a great way to refer my sphere of influence to an agent in another area. I have friends all over the country, now I have agent friends to send them to when they need to buy or sell.
• RainCamp - one of the greatest educational workshops I have ever attended!
• There are probably a dozen more things I'm overlooking!
My only regret was that I wasted so much time not really using AR after I signed up last year.
I may not do a post a day now, but several times a week for sure!
Active Rain Rules!
Girl With Umbrella graphic from www.dryicons.com