Here's a great post from one of my SAR Instructor Colleagues who never fails to dazzle me with her honest appraisals and insights regarding the Staging Industry:
One of the sticking points I've always had about whether I should take courses of any kind (college level, continuing education, enrichment, career building etc.) are the fees associated with them and if they would truly be worth my investment of time and money and give me a return on that investment? Unless you know someone who has taken the course and can tell you about it, it's hard to know the value you'll be getting and frankly, you don't know what you don't know and until you get out in the "real world" of whatever business or interest you're pursuing and you often end up needing a lot more than you realized you needed once you start.
I want to share a personal example of my own son and his choice of college he is now attending, NYU.
While he was offered very lucrative scholarships to 2 great schools around the country as a Theater major his "dream" school had always been New York University and he was accepted. Now NYU bases their scholarship on a mostly "need" basis, and while we certainly need it just like anyone else, our income bracket was not in the realm of "need based" when he applied and he was granted only a small scholarship from the TISCH School of the Arts but it really was a drop in the bucket compared to the full cost of the tuition.
While cost per credit at NYU stretches into the $1,000/per credit hour (YES I know!) and other school's fees start from $100/per credit hour on up why would he choose and we support a school in the upper most reaches of our financial capacity to send him to?
Because for his chosen field in the Theater Major Studies, NYU is 2nd to none in this department.
While he could have gone to another school, he would not have been immersed in his profession with WORKING Actors and professionals who can offer their years of knowledge, experience and assistance in helping him achieve his goal of being a working actor on Broadway and beyond. In less than a year and a half of studies he has been privileged to study, learn, work and network with some amazing talent, including some names you would also recognize. And he is immersed in his craft in the very city he plans to work one day!
While I could never aspire to be an actor my world is a "stage" and it's here that I'd like to draw the correlation to what your investment in the SAR Home Staging course will provide you if you're considering taking a home staging training course to start a home staging business.
It's very similar to what my son's experience is at NYU learning from teachers who are living their craft, enjoying lucrative careers and sharing their knowledge with their students who will also one day be working in the same field in the actual city they work in.
When I was researching whether or not I wanted to join the SAR Staging Training Team of Instructors the fees associated the course were something I wanted to quantify. I wanted to be able to freely share with my students or others interested in the program what exactly they would be getting for their investment.
Here is a breakdown of value/fees and associated service/product included for the SAR 3 -Day Home Staging Training Course, you will be AMAZED:
- $2376.00 + Value of your Home Staging Instructor's time (This is an estimate based on an *average hourly rate of SAR Instructor's fees for hourly professional staging services $88* hour x 9+ hour days x 3 days. This time does not include the prep work your instructor takes for each class in addition to in-class training. Time in addition to the class includes; securing the venue for the class, preparing the conference room daily and arranging for the house(s) to be staged, along with answering emails and phone calls from prospective and current students, just to name a few things that are in addition to their class time teaching. And remember, your instructor is a WORKING PROFESSIONAL HOME STAGER WHO KNOWS YOUR REGIONAL MARKET, the value for this opportunity can be likened to my son's experience at NYU and should really be understood when researching home staging training companies.
- $139.00 Kindle Wi-Fi Reader
- $250.00 + Business plan documents, Pricing Workshop, Marketing and Overcoming Objections workshops and other materials covered in your course that if purchased separately via webinar or online documents would cost several hundred dollars
- $700.00 + Business forms and templates in Word, Power Point, Excel and PDF which are yours to keep and customize no renewing fees yearly to have access to them. Samples of contracts and other valuable documents are provided and fully customizable. Having secured the services of an attorney in the past, their fees to create a contract for a stager often START at $700!
- $120.00 One Year RESA Membership
- $195.00One Year SAR Membership - You'll receive a monthly newsletter template emailed to you with articles you can use and tips on getting your own newsletter out to your clients monthly!
- $40.00 10/15 minute editable Agent Presentation power point
- $100 Your first press release written for you with instructions on exactly how and where to publish it. We also publish a release with your name/company name announcing your completion of class! Helping you to get your name out there and get jobs!
- $10.00 Sherwin Williams Paint Deck
- ??? Ability to audit the course as often as you like for no additional fees taught from any of our World Renowned Instructors - priceless!
Value of the 3-Day SAR Home Staging Training Course: $3,930.00
Your investment in the 3-Day SAR Home Staging Training Course: $1,795.00
Your Return on Investment after taking the 3-Day SAR Home Staging Training Course: $2,135.00 !
I feel 100% confident in not only the value that SAR brings to each student but also that the SAR Home Staging Training course is the one for those who are serious about starting a home staging business. I am proud to be a SAR course trainer and I look forward to training home stagers in my market to build their businesses and be successful home stagers!
Interested in starting your own Home Staging Business in Texas, OK or North West LA? I can help! North Texas SAR Home Staging Training Classes coming in 2011
Home Star Staging is a qualified, insured home staging company and we are always here for you North Texas!
- Affordable pre-list home staging property consultations
- Affordable post list "trouble shooting" property consultations - no matter how long a home has been on the market there are always ways to improve the chance of sale
- Affordable owner occupied property staging (utilizing owner supplied furniture & accessories or including some of our own inventory)
- Affordable vacant & investment property staging (Full and partial rental furniture packages, accessories and staging services)
- Is your office interested in hosting a home staging class or presentation? Just ask!
- Contact Karen at 496-964-0516 or Karen@homestarstaging.com