Well, it's Valentine's Day and I better get out of my office soon, but first I have to post this blog entry I've been working on for the past week.
A local news station posted a story about Salt Lake City, Utah being on Amazon.com's Top 20 Most Romantic Cities. I bookmarked it, hoping to come back to it and find some good listings of romantic things to do in Salt Lake City that I could share with my readers, and from which I could possibly get some ideas myself.
When I get back to it I discover that while it is true that Amazon.com ranks SLC the 14th most romantic city in the U.S., the problem I see is that they base the rank on sales of romance novels. I question whether this tells me that SLC is really romantic... or perhaps it may actually be the 14th LEAST romantic city in the U.S.?
At any rate, having done a few "romantic" things in the area myself, I polled my local friends on facebook and see what suggestions they would offer.
Here are the results:
• Various Fine & Casual Dining Establishments
• Dinner in the JSM building
• Limo ride to Tiburon, Paris Bistro, or Epic (Restaurants)
• Tuscany (Owned by Mark Eaton)
• Silver Fork Lodge for a $$ meal on a gorgeous summer evening (to die for view)
• Grappa in PC for $$$$$ for an anniversary dinner
• Dinner at Blue Lemon, The Gardens, Dodo,
• Lunch at Cucina (in the Aves)
• Tapas dinner at Martines
• The Ballet
• The Symphony
• walk around temple square with all the weddings on a Saturday is nice.
• Friday night art gallery strolls downtown
• Walking through Thanksgiving Point gardens (without kids, right)
• Historic tour
• Art Galleries
• Capitol Theater,
• Friday night concerts at Brigham Park
• Summer Concerts at Red Butte Garden
• Summer Concerts in Park City/Deer Valley
• Pro, College and Minor League Sporting Events
• Pub hopping - Checking out the various local bands
• Big name Concerts at the USANA Amphitheater, Energy Solutions Arena or the E Center
• Ogden/Layton has indoor "surf waves" and a sky diving simulator.
• Indoor rock climbing (at various outdoor stores / city fitness centers)
• Go on a day-hike
• Ice Skating at the Gallivan center
• Indoor Kart Racing
• The Yurt at Solitude! Reserve a night with a full moon. (Dinner / Accommodations)
• Getting some salt from the lake and giving her a "salt glow massage?" (salt mixed w/massage oil)
• Couples massages
• Starbucks for hot chocolate for $ just to get her away from the kids (SUPER romantic!)
• Carriage Rides downtown
• Canyon drive in the fall when the leaves change?
• The Anniversary Inn(s)
• Other B&Bs
• Memory Grove
• Picnic in one of the many canyons
• A night at the Monaco Hotel with in-room hot tub
• Walk around the campus of the U of U
• Boutique / Outlet Shopping
I guarantee you this is not a complete list of "romantic" things that can be done in the Salt Lake City area.
Well, I've got to run!
Next time I'll share with you some of the commenter's suggested "romantic" activities that aren't location specific.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Feel free to add additional suggestions in the comments below!
If you live in the Salt Lake City area, go out and do something from the list!
If you are thinking about moving to the Salt Lake City area, know that it is a great place to live, work, raise a family, run a business and have fun!
- Are you or your company relocating to Utah?
- Do you want to buy a $300,000-$800,000 home within 90 days?
- Do you have excellent credit?
- Are you making a substantial down payment or paying cash for your home?
If so, You Deserve the Best!
Don't buy a home without an agent on YOUR side of the transaction!
Make sure you hire an Exclusive Buyer's Agent!
Call us at (801) 969-8989 or contact us via the link on this page.
©2011 Homebuyer Representation, Inc. - "The Real Estate Agents on the Buyer's Side" TM - Salt Lake City, UT - Exclusive Buyers Agents (EBA) - All Rights Reserved