I was memed by Jason Price earlier this morning. Jason had mentioned to me that I should tell everyone 5 things about myself, that many of you wouldn't know about me from Active Rain. I replied back to Jason and asked him what a meme was. He said.... I do not have the faintest idea. Mary McKnight introduced this word and this concept the other day. It looks like it has taken off and everyone is getting involved. From my understanding, it is a new form of chain mail where you have to share 5 things about yourself that we might not know about you from AR.
Teresa Boardman not only wrote about herself, but described a little of what a meme is Meme tag again. And here is Jason's 5 things : I've Been Double Memed Jason, thanks for the invite per se. I was also memed by Brian Brady and unfortunately I didn't get this until 2 days later. Here is Brian's....here, my meme.
So, I guess I now have to share 5 things about myself:
So, as I do.... I stand up to introduce myself. My name is Jeff Belonger and I have a problem. An addiction to ActiveRain. I am single, 39, never been married, and no kids... (that I know of) ;o)
1. I love sushi, but you would have never known that prior to this, I hated seafood for the most part. Up until I was around 23, I didn't like seafood what so ever. I had several shore houses throughout the years with friends who all loved seafood. We would throw a party once a summer with 3 kegs, clams, crabs, and corn on the cob. We would literally have 3 big pots of clams and 2 more for the crabs. I started to enjoy this and I actually loved crabs and the crab legs. It wasn't until 8 years ago, I had my first taste of sushi, because my co-workers and I would go to a Japanese restaurant once a month and they all would order sushi. Finally I gave in and tried it. Hence the reason why my mom was shocked.
2. In third grade, I tried out for the play, Wizard of Oz. I was a very, very shy person growing up. I hated getting up in front of people and I still get nervous sometimes, even if I don't show it. But I got the part of one of the trees in the forrest. Luckily a non-speaking part. ;o)
3. This kind of goes back to number 2. I was shy growing up. But we moved every 5 years of my life, up until I was 20. And we are talking about different states also. I lived in Louisville, Ky & Houston, Tx. After high school, I went to Eastern Kentucky University. But I didn't do well, so my parents said I was on my own. I then went into the service, the Army. After 2 years, I received my honorable mention and went back to college. West Virginia University. My whole point with this is because of all the moving that I did, I had to fend for myself in making friends. As I entered my Junior year in High School, this is when I snapped out of this and became very social. Hence the reason why my grades dropped some. ;o)
4. I might be a big guy, standing at 6'3" and 250 pounds. But I am not a tough guy. Don't get me wrong, I could hold my own if I had to. But I never went around looking for fights. I have a very soft and caring heart. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.
5. My freshman year in High School, I took French. They actually started a singing class that would meet prior to 1st period classes and several of my classmates from this French class actually decided to join up. So, I gave it a shot and I was even picked several times to do solos. Yes, some jocks can actually sing also.
My bonus to throw in there, as Teresa Boardman did in her blog. I went to an all boy's Catholic High School. The public school system wasn't the best in Kentucky at that time. An all-boy's school? Yuck... I was just getting into liking females and my parents do this to me? lol
And a double bonus since I was memed twice: I was in a youth group when I was in high school, all 4 years. I was asked by our youth minister to head up a youth group retreat my Junior year in high school. I had about 30 freshmen and sophomore's on this retreat. I was scared at first....well, not scared, but it was tough the first day, because of large groups. I had about a month to prepare. It was a 2 1/2 day retreat. I felt great afterwards, because of what I had accomplished.
Now the way this works is I need to keep it going by meme tagging others, here are the people I meme tag:
What are the five things that we don't know about you?
Okay... so when I read Mary McKnight's meme blog a few days ago, I truly didn't realize what was happening, until Jason memed me. And now I am just finding out that Brian Brady and Renee Burrows were already memed. ;o( And Brian Brady mentioned that I was memed in his meme. But I never knew this or received anything from him. Just a suggestion. If you meme someone, send them an e-mail as Jason did to me. And I am not sure if we just pick 3 people or 5 people, so I am adding 3 more, since Brian and Renee were chosen already and I was memed twice. Rich Jacobson & Yael Warman & Robert D. Ashby
Again, not sure if I should be replacing 3 names, but I do seem to stir the pot... and stir it on AR... but stir it well.
Here are those that I meme'd and their meme's :
Brian Brady: here, Brady's meme
Angela Phillips: still waiting
Nima Rezvan: Nima aka Mortgage Man's MEME BLOG (Rated PG-13)
Renee Burrows: OK *Tag* I'm It - No You're It!
Leanne Paytner: About Me-Me Meme
Rich Jacobson : on Jay's blog.
Yael Warman: Meme... me, me, me
Robert Ashby: Everybody's Gonna Get Memed!!!
I am adding three more.... to get them into the fun of things. And I mentioned this in my comment below.
UPDATE : 3/26/07 New meme....The MEME's are back.... My MEME part 2.....
UPDATE : 6/5/07 3rd meme...... I got slimed by that damn MEME again....... Part 3
UPDATE : 12/12/07 4th meme .... I have been stalked with another meme.... come see me!!!