I have a wonderful book on my desk at the office "SUCCESS"... One day at a time.. By John C. Maxwell. It is such a I GET IT book. Meaning, you ever just read something so simple and you say..Oh yea I GET IT!!! This book is one of those, nothing fancy, just simple word of wisdom. Some days I just need that.
One of my favorites is the 7 secrets of success.
1. There is no secret of success, success is for everyone. This is so true, think about that. Success has no bearing on how much we make, our job status, color of our skin, what religion we are. Success is all about "YOU".
2. Your life becomes better only when YOU become better. It always starts with "YOU" Sometimes we dont like to think it is us, but it all starts with that word "YOU"
3.There is no SUCCESS without Sacrifice. It doesn't matter if you sell Real Estate, play ball, or work on a farm. You always sacrifice whether you work weekends for open houses, get up and run that extra mile before practice, sacrifice will always get you success.
4. Success is achieved in inches, not miles. It's all about taking one step at a time.
5.The greatest enemy of tomorrow's success is today's success. Never look ahead of yourself, we tend to spend our closing check before the property is closed. And how many of us have done that one...then something happens deal is off...oh boy we have all been there.
6. NO advice on success works unless you do. You have to be willing to work at it.
7. Finally.....enjoy the hard work and success you have....and remember you have to work at success everyday.
So, hope this is something we can all strive to be.....I feel my Real Estate is a success because my love for my job and the people I serve as their Realtor. Ever one has a certain goal in Real Estate that you strive to be and one goal to me is first and foremost....LOVE YOUR JOB.....and the rest will follow.