Yes, this year has really been off to a fast start. Even the winter months have been busy. The real estate market has been buzzing along and most of the real estate agents are singing a different tune this year. They are saying they are BUSY. They are optimistic...quite a different tune from the last few years. And the home improvement market is HOT, too.
It's really a double win for us. Those staying in their homes want to improve their floors...and those moving to new homes need to refinish and improve/replace the floors. Oh, and we are even getting calls from many about to put their homes on the market. So, I guess, it's really a triple play.
So, what are we doing to capitalize on this shifting market?
1. We are hiring! We can barely keep up with our leads now, so I'm looking to hire a sales person/design associate. I might even consider hiring a part time sales person, too.
2. We are expanding our crews to keep up with the demand for work.
3. We are aligning ourselves with more real estate agents, as well as inspectors.
4. We continue to expand our presence online. Our website is being found and it continues to grow. Right now, we are putting a big push on getting more online flooring reviews - on Angie's List, on google places, and on our website. We are now incorporating this as part of our process with our customers when we give them a thank you gift.
5. We continue to invest in our unique positioning - The Flooring Girl - and improving our branding efforts. It's working, and we have so many ideas!
We are very excited for the year ahead...and spring is just around the corner! Here's to a wonderful 2013!