When You Find A Great Home, Broadcast It From the Rooftops!
As Realtors, our clients rightfully expect us to know the market, to know the best neighborhoods, the most desirable subdivisions, and the best locations. When a hot property in a sought after neighborhood hits the market, or when an unbelievable investment property becomes available, people WANT to know about it! Too often we are secret agents, in that it's a secret that we are agents!
Any time I find a great deal whether it be for a first time home buyer, a move up home, luxury home, vacation home or investment property I have a list of potential buyers that are seeking that type of property, and if it's my listing a list of agents who work with those types of buyers! It then becomes a really fun game to see how fast I can make the calls and post to social media and see how long it takes me to get a buyer!
When you get a deal that is just too good to pass up:
- Immediately send it out through your customer relationship manager like Constant Contact, E-Edge, MailChimp so that your entire database knows you know how to spot the best deals!
- Call through your short list of potential buyers that match that kind of property.
- Post a Picture to Facebook and Linkedin stating why this is such a great deal and furnish proof like comps, pictures of the condition etc.
- Write up an offer, and then just figure out which buyer's name is going to go on the contract!
- Go preview the property so you have great confidence in selling it!
- Start calling through the tax records of the neighborhood and identify home owners who may have smaller homes and might like to upgrade, or larger homes and might like to downsize? Make sure to ask if they have friends that might like to buy that home? (Make sure to coordinate with the do not call lists).
Yesterday I was in my farm area of investment properties and found a GREAT 4 bedroom 2 bath home with a fenced yard and a covered deck in the back yard for $27,000. It should rent for $800 per month and is in a pretty solid neighborhood. I immediately made one call and wrote one contract. Hopefully we will win this property this week! After we do, I'll certainly post the deal to Social Media!
If you are interviewing agents, make sure they have this practice, it might help you find the home you want so much more quickly!