Atlanta Buckhead --
PRE-Huricane IRMA Preparations Get Ready Now!
Directional estimate from September 5-12, 2017 courtesy of NOOA.
Please take precautionary measures to ensure that you, your family, and pets remain safe.
- Remove ALL items from your balcony and bring them inside. The anticipated high winds can toss items left on balconies, which may cause damages to windows and sliding glass doors.
- Stock items such as:
o Baby Supplies
- Powdered Milk
- Jarred/ Canned Baby Foods
o Non-Perishable Foods
- Ready-to-eat canned foods
- Canned and bottles juices that require no refrigeration
- Instant Coffee/ Tea
- Water (You can also freeze your water supply)
o Medical Supplies
- First aid kit
- Pain relievers
- Prescription medication (if needed)
o Other Supplies
- Flashlights (extra batteries)
- Non-electric can openers
- Portable coolers
- Plastic trash bags
- Wind-up or battery-operated radios
- Photo copy ID’s and other important documentation, and keep items in plastic or waterproof containers/ safes.
- Pet Supplies
- Fill up the gas tank in your vehicle(s), check oil and tires
- Have cash on hand
Ensure that all vehicles are secured including securing tops on convertible vehicles, and that all windows are closed.
Now is a good time to walk away from the computer and do your last-minute checks on the list above. Best of luck in the storm days! Be safe!! Lynn