I could not think of what to write today given all that happened, so I am just going to update on my consulting project.
The project that began a few months ago for a client of mine is going well. We took the house from a very dated look to a very modern, industrial type look. The main reason for this was to overcome the low, flat ceilings that we could not install duct work in.
The duct work was made of wood.
This is not all that uncommon however it is not the best material for duct so we abandoned it, as I would hope anyone working on a home would. This left us with a problem as half the house had a flat roof and unless we ran duct on the exterior of the home, we would have serious trouble installing it.
We simply changed our theme.
We made the choice to incorporate the duct into our design of the home. To do this we made some serious changes to our plans, stained the concrete floor rather than tile it, installed concrete counter tops and industrial sinks and lighting. It has made for a ton of work, but we are getting there. The project is taking longer than the owners had hoped but I think the final look will be worth it. I will keep you updated.