Spring into Southern Utah ~ Exploring 55+ Communities
While growing up in the 70s, we used to visit our grandparents in southern Utah during the summers. At that time, the area was once known as a stop off I-15 to gas up, get a bite to eat or stay overnight then on to a final vacation destination.
My, how it has changed! It is now the premiere destination because people have discovered the mild winters, cost of living, healthy economy and veritable outdoor playground. Many yearly, world-class events now take place right here!
55+ communities have active Home Owner Association's that charge monthly dues to maintain yards and common areas. They offer one-level living with resort-style amenities for retirees to enjoy when moving to the southern Utah area.
In this post, I will be highlighting SunRiver St. George, southern Utah's premier 55+ community. SunRiver sits on 690 acres, dirtwork began in 1998, in 1999, the multi-million dollar community center was completed.
The 18-hole golf course opened for play in 2002 and it is open for public play as well. In 2006, SunRiver sold its 1,000th home. At SunRiver, at least one partner in a household must be 55 years of age or older. Pets are allowed.
Here are some things that set SunRiver apart:
- 18-hole golf course open to the public
- Clubhouse facility that boasts pools, exercise rooms, a library, computer room offering classes, information boards
- SunRiver also offers leisure activities geared to social interaction and also physical fitness such as water aerobics, pickle ball, weight training, and tai chi. Pickle ball courts, winding walkways, swimming, lawn bowling, horseshoes, biking, and walking designed for the active lifestyle of today's senior.
- The Huntsman World Senior Games uses the clubhouse facilities for the competitors.
- On site restaurant offers a wide variety of menu items. Open from 11am to 4pm for lunch then 4-9pm for dinner.
- Rehabilitation services are also offered through Mountain Land Physical Therapy at SunRiver and located at 1494 SunRiver Parkway, Suite 100 as well as other medical services within the building.
- Worship facilities are on-site as well and lends to an all inclusive feeling of the community.
- Assisted living - The Retreat at SunRiver is now available as well within SunRiver.
SunRiver Market Snapshot
There are 53 homes currently LISTED in SunRiver on the local Washington County MLS. Prices start at $129,000.00 for 1,170 square feet of living space and $999,000.00 for 3,962 square feet of living space.
- 4 homes have SOLD in the 30 days
- 55 homes have SOLD in the last 6 months
- 113 homes have SOLD in the last 365 days
- 0 Contingent Sales
- 17 Pending Sales
Some other 55+ Communities in the surrounding area.
- Elfin Cove
- Bloomington Knolls Townhomes
- Palm Meadows Townhomes
- Riverwood Townhomes
- Santa Fe at Red Cliffs
- Southfield Estates
- Horizons West, Kings Row Estates
- Ridgepointe Meadow Creek Estates
- Sun Country Meadows
- Sun River
- Vista Del Sol TownHomes
- Vista Ridge Estates
- West Springs Town Homes
Plus many 55+ park model and mobile home parks in the area.
SunRiver continues to be the premiere 55+ active adult golf course community. Perhaps the newest phase to be built, the SunRiver Villas (twin-homes) is something to pursue. Whatever the preference, I am sure you will find something to love about this place!
Please SHARE this great news and if you have questions about any homes for sale in the southern Utah area, please contact me at 435.632.9374 or email@example.com. Always glad to help with your real estate needs because Wanda Can!