While listing and selling homes on Long Island, Larry and I hear all kinds of stories why people move, and why the American Dream of home ownership is important.
Through the years, our home buyer clients have told us what it means to them. In just a few words, here are some of their responses:
- Being able to do whatever I want to do because it's mine. As a renter, I never had that luxury.
- As a child, my family could never afford to buy a house, and it was always my dream to someday own a home of my own.
- After my breakup with my fiancee, it's a fresh new start for me.
- A place to build memories, safety, and so much more security.
- Saying goodbye and get lost to my landlord.
- Owning a home means WELCOME.
- It's the little things like being able to paint my rooms any shade I like, having my own garden and playing my music loud.
- A space that is truly ours forever.
- An Investment in our future, good tax benefits, and finally gaining some equity.
- I don't have to pack up and move anymore.
- Freedom and security.
- Where I feel comfortable, happy and relaxed.
- Contentment and happiness, and where I never want to move from.
- I know it may sound like a cliche, but home is where my heart is.
- It's where I feel I can be myself and be comfortable.
- Home ownership means so much to us. Of course security is on the top of our list, but also knowing it is completely ours and we can share many memories. Yes there are tax benefits too, but most of all It's our happy place.
And, These Last Two Are Our Favorite Responses:
- I always rented and never thought that I could ever own a home of my own. Because of you two, I wake up smiling every morning. So, home ownership to me is being happy every single day.
- I always like the term home sweet home, and now that you helped me find this magnificent condo, I know exactly what home sweet home means...JOY!