2020 - Clear Vision -
Planning for A Year Rapidly Approaching
So many quotations offer us advice about planning:
- "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin
- Eleanor Roosevelt: "It takes as much time to wish as it does to plan."
- "Plan for what is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small." Sun Tzu
- George S. Patton: "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow."
- "Tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." African Proverb
But do we take that advice?
2020 Clear Vision while planning for the upcoming year includes:
- only show homes to potential Clients who've completed the Mortgage application process
- only show homes to potential Clients who respect other people's time
- only show homes to potential Clients who want to succeed in the process
Yes, those will be changes for me.
- I have been known to trust people who say they will begin the Mortgage process when they find a home that they want. That doesn't work in my Market Area. We have such limited inventory that without a Mortgage Letter to include in an Offer, it isn't worth the time to write it up. No longer an option for me.
- I have been known to tolerate potential Clients who only value their own time and schedules and are inconsiderate of the time and effort others expend to fulfill their wishes. Time to quote Margaret Rome, Baltimore Maryland and say "Next"!
- I have been known to show homes to people who struggle to understand that the REALTOR's job is showing and selling - not just opening doors. I love my job and will continue enjoying it with committed Buyers. Over the years, I have sold on the first day out and sold after 14 months. Take as long as needed - just be a Team Player!
My personal philosophy: One Day At a Time
TRUST: Better to risk disappointment
from time to time than be suspicious all the time.
30+ years as a REALTOR
25+ of my own company- Atlanta Homes ODAT Realty
2020 Clear Vision will support philosophy.
All the best for the months ahead to my AR Community!
Entry for the Debe Maxwell September Challenge.
Image courtesy of Debe Maxwell for Fall Contest Entry