Yesterday we launched Outside Blogs beta and as expected we have discovered a few issues with the product. I would like to use this post as a place to update all of our members with the list of known issues and their current status.
- New issue - DNS rerouting does not seem to be working correctly. We found one bug and fixed it, but that did not seem to solve the problem. This is of highest priority and we will keep you updated. (This is the reason some custom domain names are not working yet)
- No Index tags should be placed on all sub-domain Outside Blogs. See Bob's duplicate content post for further explanation.
- Some changes on ActiveRain blog posts are not showing up on the Outside Blog
- Single sign on functionality for commenting on Outside Blogs is not always working.
- Outside Blogs need to add an email field for commenters so that they can be notified of new comments and blog owners can contact them.
- Email address of blog owner should not be displayed on Outside Blog (front page and about me page). Fix to include similar contact box as ActiveRain.
- Under blog post title on Outside Blog, authors name should like to about page on Outside Blog, not back to ActiveRain.
- Front page of outside blogs doesn't have meta-description and meta-keywords set.
- Alternative "about me" text entry field
- Header Image not able to upload from Internet Explorer.
- Header Graphic section is suggesting that the header image should be 760x105, when the image should be 742x105.
- Link to Localism on Outside Blog is not showing correctly.