Before I married my husband, I had never heard of Sweet Potato Pie. Or black-eyed peas. Or collard greens with turnips. Or hot-water cornbread.
If you haven't had the opportunity to experience sweet potato pie, it looks EXACTLY like pumpkin pie. But don't be fooled; the texture is thick and hearty, unlike the smooth, creamy texture of its cousin the pumpkin pie. Both are classic American favorites, depending on what region or culture you're from.
Today, this Thanksgiving day, I'm thankful for:
- The food feasts of cultural variety we can choose from
- The opportunity to work with folks from all cultures and backgrounds
- Having a career in which I can help families make better financial decisions for their future
- Being able to work from my home office and set my own schedule
- Living in a country that honors freedom of religion, thanks to our founding fathers
- That this morning I woke up in good health and with a great attitude
- My kids are home for this holiday (asleep in their beds)
- The opportunity to visit with my extended family (and then the opportunity to go back home)
- My online friends and community here at Active Rain
And I'm thankful for the pumpkin pie baking in the oven! Now you know which one I chose.
So which do you prefer? Pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie? And choose one more: With whipped cream or ice cream (ala mode)?
Join my NEW group for professionals who work from their home office at http://activerain.com/groups/virtualoffice
Regina P. Brown
Allison James Estates & Homes