The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department would like to share these helpful safety tips to help protect yourself while enjoying outdoor activities.
- Always be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are. Never feel that you are unsusceptible to an attack.
- Stay in groups. A group of people are less vulnerable then one individual just by themselves.
- Be sure to tell someone where you are going and what time you will be back. If plans change, make sure you let that person know.
- Always carry your cell phone and some type of picture ID with you.
- Limit outdoor activities to daylight hours whenever possible.
- If you walk or run, vary the paths you travel.
- Note any suspicious activity and report it immediately.
Have any more questions about saftey? Contact the Sheriff's Office on their non-emergency line (703) 777-1021 or (703) 777-0445.