Yesterday's post was on working with Picnik to create your HD Profile Photo. Picnik is a web-based app (nothing to download) and the online cousin to the Picasa application. Picasa is another one of those amazing things produced by Google (so is Picnik for that matter). Picasa is totally free to download and install. This is in my "must-have" toolset on my computer and after you work with it, it quite likely will be also for you. In the real estate world of photography, there is a long list of practical uses! It constantly amazes me the power and simplicity of the application. For MOST OF my day to day stuff, I don't need to head to Photoshop at all. (I save that for the more complicated things only)
If you need to download Picasa now as a head start to my upcoming blog series, you can get it here.
Here is a list of things that I do in Picasa and if you follow my blog I'll teach you to also!
(looks like I have my "things to blog about list" cut out for me!)
- Create composite graphics for blogs and websites
- Photo-shoot post production - crop
- Photo-shoot post production - straighten
- Photo-shoot post production - brighten
- Photo-shoot post production - white balance
- Red-eye correction
- Create Web Albums for sharing photos (no more gigantic emails with all those attachments)
- Watermarking your photos
- Resize to optimum level for uploading to blogs and your MLS
- Upload from your camera then tag, and organize
To read more, goto my list of all Picasa Articles and choose another article.