installment agreement: Boulder, CO: What To Do If I Haven't Filed My Tax Returns In Years? - 01/07/23 02:09 PM
I focus my practice on tax resolution, representing taxpayers in Colorado, Florida, Texas, New York, California and elsewhere. If you haven't filed recently, or in years for that matter, you should file all returns as soon as possible regardless of the reason for not filing. 
If your return(s) wasn't filed by the due date (including extensions of time to file):
You may be subject to the failure-to-file penalty, unless you have reasonable cause for your failure to file timely. Tax not paid in full by the original due date of the return (regardless of extensions of time to file) may also result in the … (0 comments)

installment agreement: Boulder, CO: The IRS Filed a Federal Tax Lien By Mistake - Now What? - 01/28/20 02:36 PM
I focus my practice on tax resolution, representing taxpayers in Colorado, Florida, Texas, New York, California and elsewhere. Recently I had a client who owed less than $50,000 and wanted to set up an installment agreement, but also wanted to avoid getting hit with a tax lien filing. Generally, this is done by doing what is called a direct debit installment agreement, where forms are sent into the IRS, and once all documentation is processed, the IRS automatically withdraws the money out of your bank account.
After properly setting up the agreement, we all thought it was a done deal. I was told by the IRS agent that the client would receive … (1 comments)

installment agreement: Boulder, CO: Back Tax Debt? Here Is How To Spend Your Money! - 01/26/20 08:54 PM
I focus my practice on tax resolution, representing taxpayers in Colorado, Florida, Texas, New York, California and elsewhere. The single biggest thing you can (and NEED) to do is get into compliance (ie - file your tax returns).  The IRS simply will not deal with you or speak to you unless they have the returns to work off of.
Ideally, no matter what your tax filing situation is, the ultimate goal is pretty straight forward: file all of your back returns (typically the six most recent prior years), and deal with whatever amounts you owe for those years. There are several collection alternatives to resolve your situation such as an installment … (2 comments)

Michael Moran, The Tax Killer™ (Apex Tax Defense LLC)

Michael Moran

The Tax Killer™

Boulder, CO

More about me…

Apex Tax Defense LLC




RSS 2.0 Feed for this blog