Love football? Want to get involved? Volunteers are needed for the XLV Super Bowl.
In less than 80 days, North Texas (and Arlington, of course) will host the Super Bowl. You may think of the Super Bowl as a one-day event, scheduled this season for February 6, 2011, but there are numerous events preceeding the Sunday game.
Because Addison has one of the largest FBO airports in the country, many people with private jets will be flying into Addison airport, staying in Addison hotels, dining in Addison restaurants, and enjoying Addison shopping and entertainment.
Volunteers (not just Addison residents) are needed in the following areas:
- NFL EXPERIENCE VOLUNTEERS: Volunteers will assist with the management and supervision of interactive football games and displays. Volunteers will communicate NFLX information and greet guests, run the interactive games and assist the NFL with any on-site needs. Volunteers will choose from high- or low-intensity activities, so there is something for everyone.
- AIRPORT GREETERS: Volunteers will provide a sunny welcome and helping hand at DFW International Airport and Love Field during game week. Volunteers will also communicate game, event, transportation and hospitality information to visitors, plus distribute approved Host Committee publications.
- HOTEL WELCOME DESKS: Volunteers will provide a friendly and helping hand at select local hotels during game week. Volunteers will also communicate game, event, transportation and hospitality information to visitors, plus distribute approved Host Committee publications.
- TRANSPORTATION: Volunteers will direct guests to appropriate shuttles and check credentials as NFL guests load into pre- and post-game shuttles.
- OFFICE OPERATIONS: Volunteers will perform general office duties (i.e. answering phones, faxing, copying, data entry, etc.). They will also assist with uniform distribution at Volunteer Headquarters.
Super Bowl tickets are NOT available to volunteers. There is a required training session and at least two 4-hour shifts are required. You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
Still reading? If you'd like to volunteer, you can get more information at http://www.northtexassuperbowl.com/volunteers.
Photo courtesy of Arlington, Texas.