Time for me to get out there and give back to the Rain! A lot of new members do not know what a Localism post is besides that it is "for the consumer". Localism posts are local information posts about your industry and area of expertise. Knowledge about the market, tips for the consumer, your views on Real Estate Industry related topics, the schools, the parks, the shopping malls, the history, the people and whatever your heart desires to write about to the public. Believe me. There is no other place like Active Rain to get Real Estate Industry knowledge, education and information about the area you may be wanting to refer a client, friend or family to. So dig in for Google juice!
Bob Stewart (one of our Active Rain support people Allow myself to introduce............myself) just wrote a post this morning ActiveRain hiring an Editor for our soon to be relaunched Localism site. Localism will be redesigned and we will see big changes in the way our posts will be out there for the public and consumer to read.
There are a kazillion ways to write a Localism post and following are some of my favorite writers for Localism and a sampling of their "products".
- Lenn Harley (Hardcore Real Estate related posts) SELLERS - DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT NEW HOME ADVERTISING - TAKE A PAGE OUT OF THE BUILDER'S MARKETING BOOK. Now this is classic Lenn Harley writing. So is this: DID THIS AGENT GO OVER THE LINE? Always on a great subject but in depth with information, stats, opinions and maps. What more could you ask for? To the point with no tippy toeing around.
- Bryant Tutas (aka Broker Bryant, Blogging Bertha) You want my buyer to do what? Now this is another classic Real Estate writer that adds personal touch to all he writes to get across to the consumer what the market and other related issues are going on. Tell it like it is and no hidden agenda going on.
- Neal Bloom (one of my many mentors who writes anything and everything and does wonders with Localism now) Being a Realtor® has it's challenges-Welcome to the Jungle (from real estate tips and events to area and interest this is a great writer who tells it likes it is)
- Teri Eckholm (She writes about her area, the market, the septic tanks, schools and more!) Got Acreage? Got a Septic System? Get Educated on How to Care for It! She gives a birds eye view of what is going on around her neighborhood for the subject with a couple of other links to other articles that pertain to the post. Detailed and interesting with always a photo for eye catching.
- Thesa Chambers (very knowledgable in her area!) Conditional Permits are NOT Just For Building and she can give a post with just a listing that will keep you interested throughout her RES shows or give information of her knowledge in all areas of real estate in her area. Interesting, appealing to the eye.
- Jeff Dowler (Anything and everything about his area and real estate) The Elements of Success in Real Estate Sales and his information is always appealing with pictures, structure and info.
- William Johnson (who can write a localism with a personal touch and have us thinking we're there!) Master Bedroom Luxury of The Morning Bar He gives information from his area, to streetcars to information on real estate or what you can do in your home. Always a joy to see the "person" with the flair for writing.
- Cyndee Haydon (wow is all I can say because I have been inspired by her Localism posts from day one) Clearwater FL Home Owners | Check now or Cry Later if your Home Insurance Covers Sinkholes and she also has great structure in her writing, catchy info phrases and great pictures and shows to show off her area, real estate related and more.
- Stephanie Edwards (Solar, Eco, Green, About her area and whatever...she writes well) A Day At The Houston Solar Home Tour-Part 1 of 3 This three part series shows her writing ability as well as her passion for the subject.
- Ann Cummings (All time favorite for area localism posts!)Portsmouth NH - October Fun Around the Seacoast of NH and Maine! Just check that one out and you'll know why.
- Mariana Wagner (the best of the best for Localism ideas!) An Alphabet of Localism Post Ideas (A-D) (and more series down the alphabet!
- Ines Garcia: (architecture experience included for a broader look at real estate, amongst many great articles on her area, clients, and the works!) Please don't use the wrong window
- Margaret Woda (real estate tips, area info and events) It's That "Fall Festival" Time of Year Again in Anne Arundel County A very detailed writer that gives "her view" from "her eyes" for peers, consumer and public to get well informed!
- Mathew Blum Taste of the Gardens is Back in Palm Beach Gardens
- Jason Sardi The Market Is Alive & Well, So Don't Die On Me.....
- Tom Weiss Thinking about a Short Sale, This is Some of the Requirements.
- David Podursky Florida Affordable Mortgage | 100% Loans are Available
- Jeff Belonger FHA - Conventional - APR vs Rate -- Understanding the difference.......
New Kids on the Block:
- Brian Block (Area Interests and Real Estate Info with a flair) Houses on a Hill: Overlook in Alexandria
- Jason Crouch (another new writer that has brought a lot to our community) The Secret Ingredient is Empathy - Lessons from the Grocery Store
- Katerina Gasset (Anything and everything about area, real estate and interests and a great asset to our community) Wellington Can Go Green With Purple Pipes! Reclaiming Your Water.
More on Localism writing is in this great post by Collen Kulikowski Active Rain | Class is in Session | Post To Public Categories
I write more "About" Hawaii, our area, neighborhoods, superstitions, burial laws, coastal land, zoning, preservation, conservation, endangered species, hula, surfing, history, and much more. For me it's my home and the place I love. It becomes a passionate way of writing for me when an idea strikes me.
In any case, I hope these links will give you better ideas on what Localism is about.
The Hawaiian believe that the "Honu" (Hawaiian Sea Turtle) is watching over the children and the Chinese believe it means wisdom. Now, why would I post the picture of that?
Aloha and great writing!
aka WooHoo Sally!
P.S. Special thanks to BB, TLW, Ines, George and Stephanie ....forward ho!