SOI stands for Sphere of Influence. It’s a circle of people you know. The more people you know, the more closings, and the more paydays you’re going to have.
Here’s our little graph to illustrate our Sphere of Influence:
The red center of the circle is the hot circle. The hot circle encompasses people that you know really well. Those are the people that you have the most influence over. It includes immediate family members, close friends, daily and weekly contacts. These are people that you know very well and stay in touch with on a regular basis, maybe a couple of times a week.
The middle orange ring which is what we call the warm inner ring. Those are people that you know and that know you, but they’re not influenced by you on a daily basis.
And the circle around that is the yellow circle which we call cool, that’s your outer ring. Your outer ring are people that you know and they know you but you’re not very close to them and you probably would be least likely to have influence over those people.
On the outer circle, the outside of circle which is the white area, we called that cold, because those are people that you don’t know yet. People you don’t know are people you could know. There are lots of people that you don’t know, that you could know, and that you will go out and meet.
The goal is to take the hot circle in the center and grow that, expand the borders and make that circle larger and as you make that circle larger:
- Bring in the people from the orange circle into your red hot center ring.
- Bring the people from the yellow cool outer ring into your orange warm ring.
- Bring the people in your white cold area into your yellow cool ring.
The natural progression is:
- First, meet someone new in a Chamber of Commerce Mixer, he was in the white area outside your sphere, but now that you’ve met him, he’s in the yellow circle.
- As you start to build your business relationship, he’s going to move into your orange warm inner ring and become a business associate.
- Then, as you work with him more and more and do business with him, the relationship will develop and naturally progress into your red circle in the middle.
The goal is to take each one of your three circles and expand them wider, and draw people from the white area into your sphere of influence as you meet more people.
To grow each circle larger convert the cold into cool, convert the cool into warm, convert the warm into hot and your goal is to get a sizzling hot sphere of influence.