My husband and I have a unique perspective on Lake Ridge since we have been residents since 1985.. You won't find anyone with more knowledge on the subject of Lake Ridge.
Lake Ridge is one of the ten largest subdivisions in the United States.
- 38,000 residents
- 7,000 + residences
- 4,400 acres
- 1,200 acres of it are treed common ground
- located on the 2,100 acre Occoquan Reservoir
- Express bus service to the Pentagon and Washington, DC is available within Lake Ridgeand at the entrance to Lake Ridge in the VDOT Commuter Lot
- Carpools usually meet at the VDOT Commuter Lot at the entrance to Lake Ridge - see Omnimatch for more specific details
- Slugging (some erroneously call it hitching a ride which it is) is a result of the need to use HOV lanes on the I-95 as much as possible. Commuters form a line at a designated Slug Line Stop in Lake Ridge- the VDOT Commuter at the Lake Ridge entrance. For example, a driver will pull up headed for the Pentagon, but needs one more passenger to qualify for HOV-3. The first person in line going to the Pentagon will join the others in the car and away they go. It's free commuting for the slugger and gives the driver availability to HOV lanes on I-95 - win win!!
- Train The Virginia Railway Express Woodbridge Stationwith rail service to Springfield, Crystal City and Union Station in Washington, DC is approximately a 20 minute drive from Lake Ridge in the morning rush hour.
- At Springfield you can switch to Metrorail that gives you access to the entire National Capital Area subway system.
- Local buses run regulary throughout the Greater Woodbridge area as well as other areas of Prince William County. Lake Ridge is one of the communities served by Omnilink
- MCB Quantico is less than 30 minutes by car
- Fort Belvoir is approximately 30 minutes by car
- Prince William County Commuting VIDEO
SCHOOLS One of the popular features about Lake Ridge is that all schools attended by Lake Ridge children are in Lake Ridge. No elementary school is more than 5 or 6 minutes from the student's home
- Antietam Elementary
- Lake Ridge Elementary
- Old Bridge Elementary
- Rockledge Elementary
- Springwoods Elementary
- Lake Ridge Middle
- Woodbridge Senior High School
- Prince William School VIDEO
- Lake Ridge School Tour Video VIDEO
Non-Garage Detached Home Market Report
Year To Date 2013 Vs. Total Year 2012
The information above is a community average provided by MRIS® and should not be considered an indication of your homes' value. Contact me at 703-499-9279 for a free Comparative Market Analysis to determine the potential market value of your property.
- Lake Ridge Neighborhood Library in Tacketts Mill Shopping Center
- Chinn Regional Library less than 10 minutes
- Tacketts Mill located at the entrance to Lake Ridge was the first of the three centers. In addition to the normal complement of retail stores it includes commercial office space. It's here you'll find McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins
- Lake Ridge Commons atOld Bridge Road and Hedges Run Drive is about midway through Lake Ridge. It has our one and only Starbucks
- Festival at Old Bridge is also on Old Bridge Road near the western end of Lake Ridge at Smoketown Road. It has the Lake Ridge US Post Office Annex
- Center For The Arts of Greater Manassas at the Old Candy Factory A unique facility with art exhibits, educational programs for adults and children, ballroom dancing and much nore
- Harris Pavilion in Manassas is the site for a wide variety of summertime entertainment and winter ice skating
- National Museum Of The Marine Corps State-of-the-art museum depicting the history of the Corps from its' beginning with galleries for each of the country's conflicts from the Revolution to the Viet Nam War
- Hylton Performing Arts Center Opened in 2010 this state-of-the-art facility has several theaters and galleries that enable it to offer a wide range of theatrical performances
- Public Golf Courses in Prince William County Four public golf courses located conveniently throughout Prince William County
- Dale City Rec Center is on Minnieville Road with year round pool, fitness center and other recreational activities including an outdoor baseball batting cage.
- Lake Ridge Park and Marina 9 hole golf course, boat ramp to the 2,100 acre Occoquan Reservoir, boat launch, boat rental, picnic area and miniature golf
- Water Works Waterpark on Dale Boulevard in Dale City with water slides, pools to please all age groups
- Prince William Forest Park 17,000 acre national park with 37 mikes of hiking trails, 21 miles of bicycle accessible roads, cabin and tent camping
- Leesylvania State Park with boat launch to the Potomac, picnic facilities and educational programs
- Old Hickory Golf Club Daily or long term memberships available
- Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center with year round pool, exercise facilities, racquetball courts and meeting room
- Locust Shade Park Trout fishing, golf driving range, miniature golf and outdoor ampitheater
- Manassas National Battlefield Park 5,000 acre site of two major Civil War battles with excellent walking trails, battlements, ranger programs and educational opportunities
- Veterans Memorial Park on Featherstone Road features skate park, pool, community center, ballparks and picnic areas
- Splashdown Water Park Northern Virginia’s largest swimming pool complex
- Potomac Nationals Minor league affiliate for the Washington Nationals
- Prince William County Recreation VIDEO
- Summer Fun In Prince William County
- Horses Are At Home In Prince William County
- When The Weather Outside Is Frightful
The Kruschkas are long term Prince William County residents with more than 30 years experience as real estate professionals serving Woodbridge, Manassas, Dumfries, Manassas Park, Bristow, Brentsville, Gainesville and Haymarket
Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS
If you plan to buy or sell a Prince William County home or property contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-499-9279. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.
For homes in eastern Prince William County see Ashland, Brittany, Eagles Pointe, Lake Ridge, Lake Terrapin. Lynnwood, Meadowbrook Woods, Montclair, Old Bridge Estates, Port Potomac, Potomac Club, River Falls, Rollingwood Village, Saratoga Hunt, Wellington, Westridge and Winding Creek Estates
For Springfield area homes see Cardinal Forest, Cardinal Forest Condominiums, Charlestown, Daventry, Greentree Village, Kings Park, Newington Forest, Orange Hunt Estates, Rolling Valley, Saratoga, West Springfield Village and Winter Forest