Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner, and a lot of folks wonder if they should keep their homes on the Pullman Real Estate Market in the winter months. That depends on a lot of factors, such as how soon you need to sell, and how long your home has been on the market. But I always encourage my sellers to keep their homes on the real estate market if they possibly can. Here is a short list of reasons why:
1. Buyers looking in the winter months are serious. We all know Pullman winters aren’t all that easy. Buyers are out there sloshing through the wind, rain and snow to look because they want to buy a house. If yours isn’t on the market, they aren’t going to see it and probably buy something else.
2. New lending requirements come 2014 will make potential financing more difficult for some clients. So if you can get under contract prior to 2014, you will make it easier on your new buyer to buy your home.
3. You will be cleaning getting ready for the Holidays anyway so kill two birds with one stone! Furthermore, you will be decorating your home and it is a great time to pack away some clutter and stage your home. Let your buyers envision themselves in your home next year.
4. Outside lights and the glow of lights flooding out the window will add marketing power to your home on those long winter nights.
5. There is less competition on the market at this time which is a good thing if you are a seller. In fact, I had a new listing go on the market a couple of weeks ago and it went under contract in one day! Now granted, it was a highly marketable home, but the sheer amount of interest in the home and continuing calls I am getting is telling me their are buyers out there!
Feel free to call me if you are considering putting your home on the market. Real estate is no longer just a thriving market in the Spring!