I love Broker Open Networking Luncheons! I love to go to them as well as invite my fellow Real Estate agents to my listings. A Broker's Open is like having a party - just not at your house - we bring the food and the guests. Two weeks ago I had 40 agents come to my luncheon and the house sold that day, last week I did one and had 17! Our job is to get traffic for our listings, a great offer for the seller and do it in a timely manner. I think having a Broker's Open for each listing helps accomplish that, in this day an age of Social Media, it is great to get out in person and see the inventory and see other Real Estate agents. It doesn't have to be expensive, serve pizza!
This is how I market a Broker's Open. Our Broker's Open houses are on Tuesday from 11:30-3:00pm, but you could apply these tips to any day or time. There are also many types of opens, from elegant cocktail parties to BBQ's , feel free to think out of the box, be creative and have fun!! This is the lovely condo I have listed for sale at 7 Booth Street #108, Gaithersburg, it is listed at $229,000 we held it open last week. It was the perfect spot for a great lunch!
1. Advertise the Open House in the multiple listing service, Zillow, Trulia & Realtor.com
2. Send personal e-mails to Real Estate agents that have listed or sold in the property neighborhood. Invite all agents to bring their clients.
3. Make a Facebook event invite - Make sure to add pictures of the property, date and time
4. Make a photo album in Facebook and add the date and time for the Broker's Open
5. Make a Pinterest board for the property and add the date & time on the photo of the property
6. Add a picture of the home to Instagram and add the date & time on the photo of the property
7. Call Real Estate agents that you have worked with in the past 6 months and invite them, make sure to tell them to invite their colleagues. Send a mass flier e-mail to all Real Estate agents that work the area.
8. Put signs out that day - They Should Say Broker's Open!
9. Make a Facebook group and invite Real Estate Agents, Title Companies & Lenders to join the group and advertise their Open Houses.
10. Have a contest and ask everyone that attends to provide feedback, give the feedback to the seller and if you make any changes to the house price etc. e-mail the Realtor to let them know and Thank them for taking time out of their busy day to attend the Broker's Open.
One more tip! Leave a little food for the seller...after all it is their house, and I bet they will appreciate it!