The Pirate party at my home last weekend, gave up some really great food. One of the dishes everyone seemed to enjoy was Caribbean Yellow Curry Shrimp. The recipe is below.
- 3 lbs Shrimp
- 1 mango minced
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Lime Juice
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup raw peanuts
- ½ cup carrot grated
- 2 can (13.5 oz) Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoon Thai Basil
- 2 tablespoon grated Ginger
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 Red bell pepper 1/2" diamond shapes
- ½ cup green onion sliced
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2.5 tablespoon Spicy Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 anistars
Rinse shrimp. Peel the mangoes, and dice them into even, 1/2" cubes. Prepare pineapple into cubes as well.
Steam the sweet potatoes until they are partially cooked or al dente.
Bring a skillet to medium-high heat; add vegetable oil. Sauté' the green onions and red pepper together for 2 minutes, until just tender (not brown),
In a large crock pot, put the coconut milk, grated ginger, Thai basil, peanut butter, cilantro grated carrot, limejuice, lemon and salt. Blend in the curry powder, red pepper flakes and anistars.
Add the pineapple, mango and the partially cooked sweet potatoes, raw peanuts, the sautéed bell peppers and onion, to the crock-pot.
Cook for a couple hours. Add shrimp and cook an additional hour.
Serve over steamed Saffron rice.