Retirement, not what I expected at all!
Hi, thought I would give you a little update on my ever changing life......As you may know, my husband retired on August 30th.....it will be a year next week! So much has happened since that incredible day.
* We sold our home in Lakewood, CO
* We downsized and purchased a condo in Littleton, CO
* We traveled to Miami with our dog, Jake, where we flew to our home in St.Croix just in time for the Christmas boat parade
* We have spent the last 9 months getting our home back in shape including refurnishing, painting, installing a generator, major repairs to roof, etc.
* Em has set up a vacation rental for the apartment downstairs including a website to promote it
* Em has learned all about installing the hurricane shutters on the house as we are in hurricane season
* Jim has been in Colorado for the past 2 months overseeing repairs to the last of our rental properties which is currently on the market
* Jake, our dog, likes to take naps on the cool tile floor and enjoys getting sprayed by the hose
* Emelyn now knows how to maintain the pool
* Emelyn has a complete understanding of "come soon".....yeah....it means sometine, whenevr, in the future...maybe.
* Jim has gone camping and done a lot of geological tours in Colorado.
* Emelyn is now the President of a new non-profit "Friends of the East End Marine Park" and one of her ongoing efforts includes monitoring turtle activity on Turner Hole Bay...as of today, we have 41 nests!
* Jim has seen lots of movies
* Emelyn is going to be selling her photography in galleries on the island ---- 3 so far!
* Jake likes to eat people food
* Emelyn has been called for jury duty in Jefferson County so has to return to fulfill this obligation (not happy about this after just serving a full year on the grand jury!)
* Jim is enjoying the cool Colorado weather
* Emelyn is sweltering in the humid, high temperatures....at least I can jump in the pool! Now that I have no renters, I can skinny dip.
* Jake continues to nap a lot!
* Mail delivery sucks...so does phone service. I DO READ...probably 4 books a week.
* Emelyn is getting her Real Estate License in the Virgin Islands.....know anyone who wants to relocate or desires a second home, please have them contact me.....and I can help all family and friends on the mainland too...with my referral network!
So, I have probably shared way too much. Please let know if I can be a resource....Colorado or the Virgin Islands!