And while it's true that there's much to know and do during the mortgage process ... the following is also true:
Buyers retain much of the control in determining how quickly and fluidly they navigate the process.
You ask, "how?"
Sadly, commonly held misconceptions surrounding the mortgage process linger, both in publicly-shared stories and on the internet. All too often, these misconceptions contribute to buyers' fears and elevate the level of stress they feel when entering into home buying and financing.
Suffice it to say, as a Mortgage Originator I consider challenging and dispelling misconceptions surrounding the mortgage process absolutely paramount. As one of my main responsibilities.
So when asked what one piece of advice ... what one action ... will reap the best results for the greatest number of home buyers/borrowers, I offer:
- Don't know where to start your home buying and financing journey? Who helps you during your journey to home ownership? Click here for that info ... or here for an easily-followed infographic.
- Need help choosing your Mortgage Originator? Click here to see what Originator attributes will serve your needs best. Click here for even more guidance ...
- Unsure how a Lender uses your credit history and scores to determine a mortgage approval? Click here for an article that explains this process.
- Unfamiliar with what mortgage programs may be available to you? What down payment you'll need to qualify for those programs? Click here for the basic information you'll need.
- Are you a Veteran in search of financing? Click here for valuable information.
- Is Private Mortgage Insurance a possibility? Click here for some valuable facts that will help you decide or prepare.
- Want to get a head start on gathering the documentation needed for your Mortgage Application? Click here for a list of those documents typically requested by Lenders.
- Are you a First-Time Home Buyer considering the purchase of a Condominium or Townhome? Click here for the important info you must have.
- Dreaming of buying a new construction home? Click here to find out what possibilities exist.
- Already a home buyer, but want to buy and finance again (or refinance)? Click here for the info you'll need to get started.
- Considering an Investment Property purchase? Click here for some valuable info that will help you get started.
You'll know much after reading the info offered above. But it bears repeating ...
While conducting research and homework on your own is important, the high value of seeking and working with the best source available for credible reliable financing information... a Mortgage Originator ... can't be overstated.
A Mortgage Originator will assist you in determining what is fact versus what is fiction regarding YOUR personal financial scenario. They will remove any misconceptions you may hold regarding YOUR personal prospects and options for successful financing.
The mortgage process is increasingly personal to your specific credit standing and finances and the specific home you wish to buy/finance. (Click here for more info). And comparisons to another's home buying and mortgage or application experience should be avoided at all costs.
Too often misconceptions formed and erroneously held "facts" scare people away from home buying and financing. Or they elevate the stress levels of those applying for a mortgage.
The misconceptions and source(s) of stress and fear are easily addressed by reaching out to an experienced knowledgeable mortgage professional. Whether it's credit or monetary in nature, actions and improvements made under the guidance of your Mortgage Originator can eliminate many of the challenges others face during mortgage underwriting. That, in turn, lowers the stress you may feel when seeking mortgage approval.
Why stress over things that are not true or may never occur during your financing?
Battle these and other misconceptions. Get the facts. If buying, refinancing or buying an investment property in New Lenox - Will County - Chicagoland/IL - WI, talk to me and ask your questions right away. As soon as you decide to buy.
By taking this one simple action, you can erase any misconceptions held and gain the information you need to prepare for and navigate your mortgage process as smoothly, easily, and quickly as possible.
I'm easily found at: