Sometimes parties like perhaps your Labor Day end of Summer party can start off slowly. Perhaps one needs to plant some TRUTH QUESTIONS to get people talking. Some of the answers might be interesting or even surprising. They can be a lot of fun. Are the answers truthful? As Jack Nicolson said in the Movie A Few Good Men, "You can't handle the truth!" (Photo: Truth Questions by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay)
Well in this case... maybe you can handle the TRUTH. Sometimes Truth is better than fiction. Can you tell?
Here are some questions that I am answering today that can also be good conversation starters at your next party maybe at the Labor Day BBQ, so start polishing up your own answers to be prepared when you present some of these questions to your own guests... so here goes with my answers and see what happens when you ask:
21 Labor Day BBQ or Other Party "TRUTH QUESTIONS" To Get Things Going
1. We all go on vacation to get away from it all and have a great time, but I want to know, what vacation day was your worst? When the tent fell off the station wagon roof rack and tent poles and tent pegs were bouncing off the freeway in Virginia. It was motels and swimming pools after that.
2. What would be your bucket list vacation or, if you have already taken it, tell us about it? Pictures encouraged....Hawaii (done several times) but on the future list: Trip down the west coast from Canada to San Diego on a motorcycle with the Pacific ocean on your right hand side.
Jeff Masich on his motorcycle 10+ years ago ready for that West Coast Trip
3. If your friends were to visit you, would you prepare dinner for them or would you take them to the best pizza joint in town? What would you make or where would you go? New York Pizza is my favorite and a great place in the booth for a catch up conversation. NYPD Pizza or Joe's Pizza in Scottsdale. Also, my most sought after and hard to find food is thin pancakes with crispy edges like my father used to make. I have a hard time making them myself. Here are some really good ones in this picture.
Jeff Masich with hard to find thin and crusty edge pancakes...Crying Onion Cafe in Tucson have really good thin crusted pancakes similar to this photo. Fluffy pancakes are just not my thing.
4. We all know that Canadian bacon and pineapple are the best toppings for any pizza. If you can’t have those toppings on your pizza, what would you choose? Pineapple NO! I like the thin crust and just cheese or maybe Pepperoni...back to my New York roots.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Pralines and Cream.
6. What is your beverage of choice with dinner; beer, wine, iced tea, a cocktail, or …..? Ice water, but I do like a good cabernet or merlot also with a nice meal. For beer, Kiltlifter.
7. Do you prefer going to a concert, the theater, or a big sporting event? Who or what would you be watching? Big Sporting Event...Cardinals in a Super Bowl or Diamondbacks in the World Series. I do like the theater though and off Broadway musicals.
8. There are so many great festivals across the country. Is there a special one in your area? Pictures are encouraged. I like the Scottsdale and Tempe Arizona street festivals in the Spring and Fall with plenty of artisians of all kinds, music and street entertainers.
Scottsdale Art and Culinary Festival
9. What is your greatest sporting accomplishment, hitting a hole in one, bowling a perfect game, hitting the game winning shot, etc.? If you do not enjoy athletics, what is your greatest accomplishment? 27 Consecutive Free Throws at Commanche Park in Scottsdale witnessed by a friend and I had him notarize a certificate proving he saw it! I was in a "zone" and could not miss.
10. Are you a pet person? If so, names and pictures are a must! Yes, but not any longer. I visit my daughter and her 3 dogs...enough for now.
11. What is your favorite thing to collect, or do you prefer to keep things simple and clutter free? Or what is your decorating style? I still have baseball cards from when I was a kid: Mickey Mantle, Willie Stargell, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale etc.
12. What job did you have just prior to making the switch to real estate and has it helped you in your real estate career or present career? (Courtesy of Jeff Dowler, CRS) Owned my own business auditing company and prior to that VP at a Fortune 500 Company. My MBA and Accounting Degree also helps in real estate.
13. When you are writing on ActiveRain (me) or on social media, who is your audience and why did you choose them for your audience? (Courtesy of Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400) The everyday family. Everyone needs to live in a home so the audience is broad.
14. What makes you the real estate agent (or your own profession) of choice in your area? I know the Arizona and Phoenix areas almost 40 years in the Grand Canyon State and I love to help people find their dream home or move on to their next adventure.
15. What is the most outrageous action that a client has ever asked you to perform? Maybe cleaning their home, doing dishes and dog waste clean up before a showing. Was not my favorite thing but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
16. We show a lot of homes in our profession (or your profession). What is the most interesting home or, item in a home, or in your own profession that you have encountered? Well, I really liked a mountain top home in Fountain Hills looking down a golf course into a Valley with the Four Peaks in view and a super wide telescopic window wall that opened up the living room to the patio with that awesome view.
17. What are your three favorite neighborhoods in your area and what makes them special? Are you lucky enough to live in one of those neighborhoods? Scottsdale McCormick Ranch, Paradise Valley and the Biltmore in Phoenix. I live in McCormick Ranch surrounded by bike paths, lakes, restaurants, golf course and resort hotels....VERY NICE!
McCormick Ranch and Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale (photo courtesy Scott Amonson) Where else could be better?
18. We all love client testimonials, but is there one that really made you feel special? We would love to see it.
Client, Buyer Dan and Jenifer reviewed Jeff Masich Client, Buyer
"We can't thank you enough for everything you have done for us to assist in finding our new home. You went above and beyond any of our expectations showing that you truly did care about this life-changing decision. Your passion for what you do is admirable and shows through in the service you provide. By taking time to learn what Jenifer and I enjoy and prefer in a home, you shortened the process substantially and got us in our home with a week to spare on our deadline! I look forward to calling your for our next RE endeavor and will recommend you to anyone. Thank you again, Jeff...for everything and more. Kindest regards, Dan and Jenifer"
19. What is your favorite volunteer work or charity?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona and also the Gideons distributing bibles to schools, police departments, fire departments and hotels and public gatherings such as State and County Fairs.
20. What does the flag represent to you?
Our FREEDOM from tyranny and those that came before us that gave the ultimate sacrifice so that the greatest experiment on a type of government is our United States of America where we can have all of our freedoms, pursuit of happiness, rule of law, home and business ownership. The 13 stripes representing the original 13 colonies and the 50 stars representing the united states makes up the most beautiful flag in the world. No, we are not perfect but we strive and try to improve our union. The result, so many in the world want to come HERE and be US citizens.
Flag at McCormick Ranch in Scottsdale Arizona
21. When we discuss life, what do you want to be when you grow up or are you already in your perfect profession? I would say so, although I had some great jobs in the past. Being a Realtor is a job where you personally witness and help families in obtaining a place to live and that is a wonderful thing as they start new lives in a new home.
Need a home to host your own backyard party and ask your own TRUTH QUESTIONS to your friends and family to get the conversation going? Hey, I can help you with that!
Living in the Phoenix Metro Area and Scottsdale
Information about living and buying a home in Phoenix metro area and Scottsdale described by Jeff Masich, REALTOR®
Meet Jeff Masich, your Arizona REALTOR®
Meet Jeffrey Masich, REALTOR® to get started
Are you thinking of moving to Scottsdale in the Phoenix Arizona metro or the great desert southwest? If so, check out homes for sale in Scottsdale
If you are looking to move to Arizona or Scottsdale and looking to buy a home in Arizona or sell a home in Arizona, contact Jeffrey Masich, Associate Broker and Realtor. As a specialty, I am the KING of HOMES FOR SALE with RV GARAGE or RV GATE. I would be pleased to help you and look out for your best interests while finding you the right home at the right price!