I'm up for a good challenge. What they hay! Here is my entry for our August Challenge.
1. We all go on vacation to get away from it all and have a great time, but I want to know, what vacation day was your worst?
My worst (and best) vacation day is the last day of any vacation. It means the vacation is over, but there is something wonderful and welcoming about returning home to your own bed.
2. What would be your bucket list vacation or, if you have already taken it, tell us about it? Pictures encouraged.
My bucket list vacay would be one of those months-long around-the-world cruises, with lots of ports of call.
3. If your ActiveRain friends were to visit you, would you prepare dinner for them or would you take them to the best pizza joint in town? What would you make or where would you go?
I live in the Chicago area, and like it or not, we are known for our deep dish pizza. There are dozens of really great deep dish pizza joints in town, and I'd have to pick which one to take y'all to.
4. We all know that Canadian bacon and pineapple are the best toppings for any pizza. If you can’t have those toppings on your pizza, what would you choose?
Sorry... neither of those toppings would make my fave list. Sausage, Mushrooms, Onions and sliced tomatoes.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I'm a purist. I love French vanilla.
6. What is your beverage of choice with dinner; beer, wine, iced tea, a cocktail, or?
Depends on the meal. Personally, bourbon on the rocks, or a glass of Merlot with fine dining would be optimal
7. Do you prefer going to a concert, the theater, or a big sporting event? Who or what would you be watching?
I love live musicals. Hamilton, Evan Hansen, Lion King, Rent, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera... I'm in, every time.
8. There are so many great festivals across the country. Is there a special one in your area? Pictures are encouraged.
This is Chicago. There are lots and lots of festivals. From Lolapalooza, Taste of Chicago, Rib-fest... take your pick.
9. What is your greatest sporting accomplishment, hitting a hole in one, bowling a perfect game, hitting the game winning shot, etc.? If you do not enjoy athletics, what is your greatest accomplishment?
In high school I was a swimmer, and was 1/2 second off the state record for the 50-year freestyle. 1/2 second is a suprisingly long time in that event.
10. Are you a pet person? If so, names and pictures are a must!
My little gus-gus is 14-years old. Love him bigtime.
11. What is your favorite thing to collect, or do you prefer to keep things simple and clutter free? Or what is your decorating style?
I'm a bit of a numismatist and philatelist. I've collected coins and stamps most of my life, having started when my grandfather gave me a first-day-cover of an Egyptian stamp when I was 8-years-old.
12. What job did you have just prior to making the switch to real estate and has it helped you in your real estate career?
I have held a lot of different jobs. Just prior I was in the printing business. It didn't help with real estate one iota.
13. When you are writing on ActiveRain, who is your audience and why did you choose them for your audience?
My audience is really me. I write for me. If someone else reads and enjoys it that's just icing on the cake for me.
14. What makes you the real estate agent of choice in your area?
I dunno. You'd have to ask my clients. It's clearly not my rugged good looks.
15. What is the most outrageous action that a client has ever asked you to perform?
I've been asked to have sex with a client in the home we were showing, to see if the house had good vibes. Suffice it to say we will never know.
16. We show a lot of homes in our profession. What is the most interesting home or, item in a home, that you have encountered?
I have walked-in on people having sex three times in my career. Note: not just people in bed, but people actively engaging in sex... some of them very athletic.
17. What are your three favorite neighborhoods in your area and what makes them special? Are you lucky enough to live in one of those neighborhoods?
I love Evanston. It's where I have lived for 52 years and where I do the bulk of my business.
18. We all love client testimonials, but is there one that really made you feel special? We would love to see it.
One of my clients wrote: "he's hilarious"... that one resonates for me.
19. What is your favorite volunteer work or charity?
It seems that my real estate business is getting more volunteery these days.
20. What does the flag represent to you?
Having come-of-age during the Vietnam war, I have a complicated relationship with the flag. In the 70's it came to represent a very divisive and unpopular war, and I stood firmly on the other side. As I've aged, and have been able to visit other countries around the world, I've come to appreciate and venerate our flag and what it stands for.
21. When we discuss life, my dad always says he is not sure what he would like to be when he grows up. He is 77! What do you want to be when you grow up or are you already in your perfect profession?
I love what I do. I wish I'd found real estate 10-years sooner.