I just checked this will be my 300th post! Hard to believe that July 4th I wrote my very first post.
Back then that very first post I wrote here at Active Rain took me hours to compile, this post 20 minutes of my time, I just finished touching it up before posting! I freaked out at the prospect of writing one post a week -- how did I get to averaging 1 a day?
I cannot believe how far my own writing has come. And that is just one of the many benefits I have gotten from my membership here at Active Rain. It seems the secret to my success -- practice and great coaches!
There have been many wonderful members who reached out their hands and helped me when I was just beginning and really struggling to write at all. Their encouragement and willingness to assist me is what helped me overcome the fear and learning curve. So I have done the same to other members here at Active Rain.
As a Moderator here at Active Rain, I read a lot of posts. And there are a lot of budding superstars out there. There are already lots of posts of how to write, that is not what this post is about...
Most recently I have been finding newer members that are struggling with their posts here at Active Rain and I would like to use this post as a way to thank them for taking time and letting me help them with writing here at Active Rain. This is my way of paying it forward, by coaching a few members...
- First off Brad Andersohn of Vallejo, California allowed me to coach him through the process of editing a WALL OF WORDS into something a little more readable. We spent a couple of hours on Sunday going back and forth as I would coach him through the process of editing a good set of bones. He even was a good sport about leaving the original post along with the Reworked Post so I could share with other writers an example of Before and After.
- The Second person I want to put a spotlight on is Midori Miller of Daytona Beach, Florida who yesterday took my call wanting to help her with her International Post. I was half way through coaching her through editing her post before I realized I didn't have her save the first version. Again it was a matter of someone having a lot of good information, it just needed to be edited a bit and made easier for the reader.
- Lastly, I want to thank Judi Barrett of Idabel, Oklahoma and her willingness to allow me to pick apart her Jinxed Commercial Property post. We spent a lot of time reworking and picking just the right graphic for her post. She took the time to make my suggested changes and it was great to get to know her as we worked on this.
You see probably one of the most rewarding things about being a member at Active Rain is the sense of community and how we all seem to help each other out. I got a lot out of my tutoring sessions in the past week. Each of these members I mentioned above are paying it forward. Last night the joy I heard from Midori as her post came alive was priceless!
If I happen to call you, it is me paying it forward to those wonderful members who helped me when I started here and those that continue to help me in my education. All I ask is that you turn around and find a new member and help them along the way. If you get a call from Midori, Brad or Judi to help you I want to know!
Judi, Midoir & Brad I dedicate my 300th post to you! I look forward to seeing lots more from you all here at Active Rain!
Are you aware of the Active Rain Community Guidelines?
- Book Suggestions
- I must confess - I cheat
- Selling the Invisible - Harry Beckwith
- The Art of the Handwritten Note - Margaret Shepherd
- Little Red Book of Selling - Jeffrey Gitomer
Other Articles written by Colleen Kulikowski
- Why You Should Stop Lurking and Start Participating...
- Puzzled About Duplicate Content?
- Stop Spamming Your Fellow Active Rain Members!
- I Dare You!
- How to Get Your Listing On Active Rain
- First Coach K, Now Miss Manners
- Feel Like you are in an Information Traffic Jam Lately?
- What? My Posts May Be Missed?
- Adventures of Flat Laurie...
- We Are Responsible for Our Words
- Feeling Addicted to the Rain?
- Please.... No More Wall of Words!
- The Gold Star
- Active Rain Benefits - Confidence
- Active Rain in Action
|Colleen Kulikowski Real Estate Professional DeFrancoRealEstate.com 481 19th Street |
Niagara Falls, NY, 14303
Work: 716-990-7384 Mobile: 407-288-0017 email@example.com http://www.buffaloniagararealestatehomesales.com/wnyrealtor
|Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!|
Colleen Kulikowski is your Western New York Real Estate Expert focusing on Buffalo and Niagara Falls neighborhoods of Western New York. If you are on Twitter, please follow me... If you enjoyed this post by your Buffalo & Niagara Falls Home Sales Expert, make sure you subscribe to our RSS feed!