Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
At the Risk of Sounding just like your mother, here are my top 8 ways to survive these tough economic times:
1. Stop spending money out of habit! For the next 30 days keep a log of everywhere your money goes. Start questioning yourself on every purchase.
2. Know Your Cost of Living! You are spending money every day-even if you never leave your house: your housing, utilities, food, insurances, etc have to be paid regardless of your activities. Know exactly how much you are spending per month (see point 1) and then divide by 30. That will tell you exactly how much you need to survive every day. Bet it's more than you think.
3. Go Through Every Purchase and Question It! If money is tight, I suggest that you go through all of your monthly bills and scrutinize them. See were you could save. Cut back on eating out & the daily latte. Do you really need that $3 cup of coffee ?
4. Drop Your Spend-y Friends! These are the friends who always want to "go shopping." People who live to spend should be kept at arms length in this market. Some people see all of their worth in how others see them. Ask yourself if you think this way as well...become aware of your thought regarding your consumption.
5. Redefine Yourself! When was it that Americans went from being called ‘citizens' to being called a "consumer." We are not what we consume. You are not what you drive or what you wear! Define yourself by your own terms.
6. Do Activities that Pay! For the next week, track your daily activities. Keep a log of what you are doing hour by hour in the next 7 days. Be honest with yourself about where your time is going. Chances are you are ‘working' 8+ hours per day but, only doing things that will result in a pay check (commission) for only 1-2 hours per day.
7. Eliminate Your Debts! Imagine what you would feel like if you had no debts. Most agents work because they have to. They have so much overhead. They are still paying for the upscale lifestyle that they have been living when business was booming. In the recent leaner years, refusung to change lifestyle may have resulted in accumulated debt.
8. Save some money! Once you are in control of your spending habit, have paid off your outstanding debts...start saving and you will be able to keep your head up above the water until the market flourishes again!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.