I firmly believe we can achieve anything we want to achieve, if we just work at it every day. There is nothing that is not within our power if only we put some serious thought into our plans....and act.
The best way to achieve success is to have fun at everything you do. This means nothing is ever boring and you're meeting new people and having new experiences all the time.
Everyone loves to WIN!! But....there's no winning without doing.
One of the worst mistakes anyone can make is to think....."I don't need to do that".....or, "I'll get at it tomorrow." This is a sure formula for failure.
I'm not a Realtor, but I do own a highly successful business. It is successful for one reason. DAILY EFFORT!!!
Here are things you must do to achieve. Don't cherry pick these items.....You'll need to do all of them and a lot more.
- Write a full and comprehensive business plan.
- Create a written vision for yourself.
- Dedicate one solid hour every evening to quiet "think time."
- Set written attainable goals every evening for the next day.
- Have a written short and long term strategy for success.
- BRAND your name
- Make close friends with movers and shakers in your community.
- Upgrade your website. (see my previous blog on this.)
- Niche market
- Social network
- Discover what highly successful local Realtors are doing and copy it.
- Organize yourself
- Know your market extremely well.... Don't guess... KNOW!!
- Dress for success.
- Develop a positive, outgoing, likable personality.
- Learn something new every day.
- Live a healthy lifestyle.
- Create a happy, loving family life.
- Budget carefully
These suggestions are only the most basic of basics... You will have to do all of these, plus much more. Business is not easy. It demands ongoing daily commitment and follow through.
But then.... I can just hear your saying to yourself...... "I don't need to do this!!!! I know better...... and besides I don't have the time!"
I can only suggest. The rest is up to you.
Thanks. Sincerely, David