The S.A.F.E Act (The Safe and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act) and the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) provides a permanent identifier number which will allow for electronic tracking of the work that I do for McCue Mortgage Company.
In order to be a licensed loan originator in the State of Connecticut, I must do the following:
- Submit to and pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting.
- Submit to a credit check.
- Annually complete at least 8 hours of continuing education.
- Be financially responsible.
- Have no felonies relating to fraud, money laundering or dishonesty.
- Have no felonies within 7 years of the date of application.
- Have not had a loan originator license revoked anywhere, ever.
- Pass the national and state licensing tests.
I am pleased to say that my NMLS #65421 is my new favorite number. It represents that I meet the criteria to be licensed and conduct business in Connecticut. I have worked as a Mortgage Loan Representative fro McCue Mortgage Company since 1980 and will continue to do so, now as a licensed Mortgage Loan Representative.
More Consumer Information about the NMLS licensing is available at: nmlsconsumeraccess.org