I had to burst out laughing when I read Rose King's latest post about her dad. She spoke about all the wonderful things he taught her. I thought they were all good and some of them I wished my dad had taught me... but no my dad taught me the following:
- How to shoot a gun;
- How to skin a rabbit;
- How to kill a chicken, dip it in boiling water and pluck it's feathers;
- How to change a flat;
- How to change the oil in a car;
- How to fist fight;
- How to hide really well;
- How to tear apart an air condition compressor and reassemble it;
- How to mow the lawn (crazy but we were not allowed to mow the grass because we were girls);
- How to make really funny faces;
However, the most endearing thing my military dad taught me was how to kill a man in five seconds....he just wanted to make sure his girls could defend themselves...
I am a really easy going person and it takes a lot to make me mad...but now I have to be sure I never lose my temper or let a red rage overcome me because I fear someone would go down hard.