Buyers' Beware still holds true and if you choose to represent yourself or use the agent working for the seller - you are NOT being looking after your best interests.
1. Remember the agent representing the seller is under contract with the seller to do what's in the best interest of the seller.
2. The lady or gentleman working at the builder's sales office is paid by the builder - yes, they will be very helpful but remember they are not working for you.
Its in your best interest to have the assistance of a Buyers' Agent (Sellers and Builders pay the commission).
Things that your agent will do for YOU!
1. Research what other similar properties have sold for.
2. Research what kind of development plans are in the works for your neighborhood in the future.
3. Is your street likely to become a major street or a popular rush-hour shortcut.
4. Will a highway be built in your backyard in five years or maybe a bus route.
5. What are the zoning laws in the area.
6. Ensure that the right conditions are in the offer to protect your interests.
And, if this is your first home or even if it isn't rules and regulations change and you might not be aware of the latest. Let a Buyer's Agent help you. This is one of the biggest investments in your life!