Carolyn Smith, Realtor & Bridget Sentz, Realtor – Things to Do in Brevard County, FL: Top 5 Halloween Events in Brevard County, FL
Looking for some fun, kid-friendly Halloween events in Brevard County, Florida? You’ve come to the right place! We’ve picked out the top 5 best “family-friendly” Halloween events in the area, and if you plan ahead, you can do them all!
Here’s Your Coastal Estate Team’s Top 5 Halloween Events in Brevard County, Florida:
(Listed by date of event)
1. The Haunted Forest in Cocoa – October 19, 20, 26 & 27, 2012 from 6:45 pm – 9:30 pm. Entrance to the Haunted Forest is next to the BCC Planetarium and Observatory. Activities include live characters, pumpkin decorating, face painting, fun and games for children, yummy treats, haunted path for adults, and haunted museum wing. Tickets are $7 for ages 12 and up, $4 for ages 3 and up, and free for children age 2 and under.
2. Downtown Melbourne Trick-or-Treat Walk – October 27, 2012 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. Join the kids as they wander through charming, historic Downtown Melbourne for the 20th Annual Trick-or-Treat Walk. This is a free event, with the businesses and stores of Downtown Melbourne distributing candy to all the kids wearing Halloween costumes.
3. Creepy Creatures Halloween Party at the Barrier Island Center in Melbourne Beach - October 27, 2012 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Check out this free, “not-so scary” Halloween Party, complete with “Creepy Creature” encounters with snakes, alligators, scorpions, tarantulas, bats and more. Activities will include hands-on Halloween Eco-Art, a special guest presentation by Bat Belfrys Inc.,“Bats: Myth & Reality,” and a special showing of “Backyard Barn Owls.” Children are encouraged to wear their Halloween costume and participate in the costume parade.
4. Halloween in the Village at Riverfront Park in Historic Cocoa Village – October 28, 2012 from 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Kids can visit stores and businesses for treats and stroll the park for fun family activities, including a kids costume contest and a pet costume contest. For just $5, kids can participate in activities including bounce houses, slides, games, hay rides, pumpkin decorating, and more. Trick or treating, entertainment, costume contests, and the movie, Where the Wild Things Are, are free.
5. Mall-O-Ween at Melbourne Square Mall - October 31, 2012 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Don’t miss this free Halloween event for children ages 12 and under! Dress up the kiddos and let them trick-or-treat throughout the mall. Be sure to visit the Spooky Lagoon at Center Court for a Halloween photo!
Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!