If you are making a shift for the New Year from renter to homeowner, you should begin preparations now! It's an exciting emotional and financial roller coaster. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Check your credit score.
3. Start saving and stop spending
4. Meet with a Mortgage Banker
5. Find a Realtor you trust/
6. Choose a Neighborhood
7. Set your priorities
8. Make an offer quickly on the house you love
9. Have a home inspection
10. Stay in contact with lender and Realtor until settlement day(Celebration Day for Everyone Involved)
Buying your first home can be an exhilarating experience, provided you do some research, stay within a comfortable budget and work with reputable professionals who will guide you throughout the process. Good Luck and let me know your progress!
Selection from Michele Lerner "Top 10 Tips For Buying Your First Home"