February, the season of St. Valentine's Day, romance, some little winged guy in a diaper shooting us in the butt with arrows, yes, what better time to write about what we love about our jobs than now??!
Sure, there might be plenty of things that rattle your cage about your job:
- People with big egos
- Clients that have another agent write the offer after you've spent MONTHS working with them
- The friend that lists with another agent
- Incompetence by the people you need to be competent
- yada, yada, yada
But there's a lot to love about working in our industry, whether directly buying and selling homes or in the related industries to put some pep in our step:
- That FEELING when you find THE ONE for that buyer that thought the right home for them just might not be out there!
- The RUSH from getting your sellers the best price in the neighborhood, EVER!!
- That first listing that gets your foot in the door of that neighborhood you REALLY want to work!
- The flexibility of being your own boss and knowing that there is no top end on what you can do.
So that's some starter fodder for you!
Here's what we want from you for this challenge:
- 300 words (or more) and a picture, a graphic, a video, SOME form of eye candy to spiff up your post
- The theme is "What I Love About My Job", so guess what we want you to write about? You got it, right? And back it up with a for instance or two because you know people love stories.
- Post a link to that post in the comments section here by midnight PST February 28th.
What's in it for you?
- The easy part, 1000 bonus points. There's no 1st 2nd or 3rd prizes here, this is straight up easy. Write, post, link, get points sometime in March.
- The opportunity to remind yourself why you're in this business and what you love about it
- A chance to provide your fellow Rainers something to read besides listings, open houses and market reports and a chance to get to know you a bit better.
So grab your keyboard and give us a post about "What I Love About My Job!"
Bill (the guy who loves his job so much he has TWO of them!)