1. Live every day as a new day. Don’t be held back by what happened yesterday, the day before, the week before, the year before, and so on.
2. Focus on WHAT vs. How. Focus on WHAT you want first before you think about HOW to do it. Anything is possible, as long as you set your mind, heart, and soul to it.
3. Live more consciously each day. Stop sleepwalking through life. Your life is something to be experienced, not coasted through. Create your bucket list, i.e. things to do before you die. Then, get out to achieve them.
4. Don’t do things for the sake of doing them. Always evaluate what you’re doing and only do it if there is meaning behind them. Don’t be afraid to quit the things that don’t serve your path.
5. Be empathetic. If everyone only sees life from his/her own perspective, we will forever be close-minded. See things from others' shoes.
6. Forgive those who may have done you wrong in the past. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and realize it was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes
7. Let go of relationships that do not serve you. That means negative people, dishonest people, people who don’t respect you, people who are overly critical, and relationships that prevent you from growing.
8. Spend more time with people who enable you. Hang out with people who you are compatible with, like-minded people, people who are positive, successful, strong achievers, and positive for your growth. You are after all the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
9. Do a kind deed. What is something you can do today that will make the world a better place? Go and do it.
10. Help people when they least expect it, without reason. You don’t need any reason to help others. Do it because you want to. Share the love with everyone.
11. Create your inspirational haven. Turn your home into a place you love. Do the same for your work desk. Get rid of things that make you unproductive. Surround yourself with things that inspire you and trigger you to action.
12. Let loose and have fun. Sing at the top of your lungs. Dance in the rain. Run barefoot and feel the ground underneath your feet. Release yourself of your self-imposed shackles and be free.
13. Try new things. What’s something you’d normally not do? Get out of your comfort zone try something different.
This New Day is God's gift to you, what you do with it is your gift to God.