There are lots of ingredients that go into creating a good week. So let's see if we can identify what went into mine this week.
1) Writing an accepted contract. Yep, that's part of a good week. But does that make it a good week? Not yet, more ingredients necessary
I wrote an offer... the offer was eventually accepted, at a price that made my clients very happy.
2) The accepted contract will be a quick close. Nah, that doesn't really make my good week... doesn't hurt, but doesn't make it yet either... let's mix in some more.
3) I had a closing on Friday. Granted, it was all the way in Naperville, a loooooooong drive from home base. Does that make my good week? Well, it surely adds to it, but nah... better... but not yet good.
3.5) My client from today's closing calls, to tell me how pleased they are... and that they'll be sending a testimonial letter to the boss... nice.... now we're getting there... a good week a'comin... I can smell it.
4) Saturday... my married daughter pops by the house to join my wife in a local yoga class, and spends an hour or two hanging out.... maybe next week the "boy" will be feeling better and will come help me decimate the larder. I do virtually nothing today... ahhhh, there it is... a good week... mmmmmm
5) my younger daughter pops by in the evening... to carve Jack-o-Lanterns, and then joins us at the movies to see "Where the Wild Things Are" (very enjoyable), and we share a bite at the local Chinese restaurant, as she regales us with stories about her new responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist .... yep. A Good Week indeed!
6) Sunday morning... I have no open house today... and I slept in... a personal best... 8:55 a.m. Woo hoo... a Great Week. I'm gonna spend today with the lovely Mrs. Elvis at Costco and the container store.. and if time allows maybe the grocery store. Nice, I love to spend time with Amy, even if it's just shopping.
Repeat as necessary!
ALAN MAY, Realtor®
Specializing in Evanston Real Estate and North Shore Real Estate
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate, 2929 Central Street, Evanston, IL 60201
847.425.3779 Cell: 847.924.3313 Email: Almay@aol.com
Evanston Real Estate & North Shore Real Estate • Licensed in Illinois
Do not copy the content of this blog, without first contacting the author for permission.
Reblogging IS allowed. All other use is strictly prohibited without express permission from me.