Camas WA Real Estate -- A Cool December.
With the Mortgage Interest Rates bumping up, along with the inclement weather and Holidays, pending home sales in Camas fell by more than half...
Earlier this month we've logged into the Camas MLS to identify what direction the real estate market is heading. Here are the statistics we have to report:
From this quick look at the home sales action we see 12 fewer Active listings with the mix consistently weighted relative to the distressed property category levels at just under 1/3rd of the existing inventory. However, the distressed Pending Sales did remain at a high level of 50.0% (52.6% last month) . The number of Closed Sales was 8 more homes than last month. The BIG News is that Pending sales volume dropped by more than one-half to 18 homes!
The table below shows the RMLS market date for the transactions within the Camas City Limits (which has different results than the Camas zip code of 98607)
The Chart Below compares current Camas Washington Home Sale Prices and Trends with other nearby Towns: Vancouver WA, Washougal and Portland Oregon:
Current Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports: Previous Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
From this quick review we see a strong upward "blip" in the Camas Home Sales Price starting in Spring 2010, which moderated downward and now leveling-to-drifting-lower. With the average Camas Home price generally higher than the Portland / Vancouver Metro area average, it is reasonable to expect a somewhat slower sales picture for this relatively small area.
If you are looking to purchase a home in Camas now is an excellent time! Camas is located on the north shore of the Columbia River and features a relatively mild climate and excellent economic base. Our featured neighborhood this month: Parker Estates Camas WA,
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Mortgage Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Camas Washington deemed reliable but not guaranteed to be accurate.
Current Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
Previous Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Camas WA . We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Camas Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!