Are you looking for a home out of area? Are you going to be moving a long distance?
Here are some tips:
1. De-Clutter - De-cluttering is a must, and it's not always easy. Even if you aren't forced with stripping down to the bare necessities, moving things you don't really need a long distance is not worth the trouble!
2. Organization - Staying organized is imperative; keeping track of shutting off and starting new utilities, changing your address, scheduling your moving van and other to-dos need to be kept track of. Making to-do lists in either writing, on your smartphone, or on your computer should be done.
3. Planning - Plan your trip! If you're planning on driving, you'll need to plan your trip. Will you take your time and see sights? Or are you booking it---trying to get there quickly? Printing out a map of directions (Google Maps, MapQuest, etc.) is a good idea but a physical map in the car (Thomas Guide) is also very useful when Google Maps takes you on a confusing or wrong route.
4. Know Your New Area Before You Get There - It's a good idea to get familiar with your new area before you even move there. Check the internet -- a quick Wiki search will give you some basic facts but also check blogs (ActiveRain's Localism Posts) for more in depth articles, reviews of businesses in town, and photos/videos. Of course, your real estate agent of course would also love to help and be able to share information about the new area.
5. Enjoy the Journey! - Moving can be stressful and hard and full of emotion, but it is an adventure, in any capacity, and should be marked as such.
Resource: Pack it Up
Ron Holborn :: Cell Phone - (714) 469-8198 :: E-mail - RemaxRon88@hotmail.com
To search for your DREAM or INVESTMENT HOME Click Here:
Re/Max North Orange County
Disclaimer: All information in this blog is deemed reliable but is subject to change at any time and is not guaranteed to be accurate nor are there any warrantees either express or implied. This blog is not intended to offer any legal, tax or other advice.