As the 2011 market season comes to a close, we thank each and every one of you – our sponsors, local businesses, patrons, vendors and volunteers who were instrumental in producing a very successful season. QAFM is a unique community-managed market and your support shows what we can accomplish together. Despite getting a late start this year, the market continued to thrive and to grow. We, as a whole, provided access to Washington farmers and their fresh, healthy food, hosted food education programs for children and adults, offered a rich variety of ready-to-eat meals and a diversity of free musical programs, all while being a gathering place for our community and greater Seattle. Our impact on the local economy is substantial and we are proud of our results this season.Pretty fabulous that Seattle's Queen Anne neighborhood can boast such wonderful accomplishments when it is just one of many farmer's markets across Seattle neighborhoods! Queen Anne Hill is a great place to live! If you are interested in living in this neighborhood, then you should definitely check out Queen Anne homes for sale right now!
- Hosted 41 vendors (59% farmers/41% prepared food)
- Average customers per market – 2513 (74% increase over 2010)
- Average vendor sales per market – $22, 231 (9.0% increase over 2010)
- Three jobs created and filled by QA residents
- 25 volunteers donated 299 hours.
- 1857 pounds of food donated to Trinity Methodist Saturday Soup Kitchen and Queen Anne Methodist.
- Donated booth space 21 times to 13 non-profit organizations
- Introduced EBT-matching program to double the value of food stamps
- New web site designed and content re-created
- New Facebook site introduced (450 “friends” reached in 4 months)
- New Twitter feed introduced (225 followers secured in 4 months)
- Hosted 30 chefs and food educators
- Brought in 21 musicians for 29 performances
- Featured two Tae Kwon Do and Yoga classes, and a community Talent Show
The Queen Anne Farmer's Market ran from June 2nd to October 6th this year and I personally enjoyed it this year. According to their website, we had some pretty amazing stats this year on Queen Anne Hill: